Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The 8BitDo Ultimate controller

The company 8BitDo have released another new controller called the Ultimate controller.

61dpejrmW9L._AC_SX466_.jpg

https://www.8bitdo.com/ultimate-bluetooth-controller/

It comes in 3 models. A wired USB model and 2 different wireless models that are black or white.

The wired model is compatable with Windows, Android, Rasperry Pi and Switch.

Both the wireless controllers come with their own charging dock and a USB 2.4GHz dongle stored in the dock to connect them to a device if that device doesn't have the connectivity built in.

The cheaper white model is a wireless 2.4GHz model that can switch between X and D modes. And is compatible with Windows, Rasperry Pi and Android.

The more expensive black model has both wireless 2.4Ghz and bluetooth built in so supports more hardware. This one will work with a Nintendo switch and even supports motion controls. It's compatible with Windows, Android, Rasperry Pi and Switch. But it doesn't have D input, only X input, unlike the cheaper model so might not work on all Bluetooth devices so you would need to use thr included dongle.

But this most expensive model is also using a new type of analogue stick called Hall-Effect magnetic, which is more accurate and removed any deadzone issues.

I'm not currently interested in buying either of those as Im happy with their last model released, the Pro 2. In also a bit confused between the 2 models of this Ultimate controller and which to buy. From this video below he says the 2.4 GHz white model has D/X switching for better Android compatibility, whereas you might need to use the dongle for thr black version because not all devices will support the singke mode the black controller offers. But he shows the black controller working fine in Android and realistically I would just use bluetooth anyway. People say it introduces lag, but I've never really noticed it with Bluetooth.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not interested, I have so many controllers at the moment. I use some retro 8bitdo gamepads for emulation, on the Raspberry f.ex.

Lately I was designing my own XBox (PC) controller in the XBox Design Lab, you have many options, especially configurating the colors. It's the elite series 2 controller. I still have it in my basket, didn't order it yet although it's very tempting.

But I still have 3 controllers for the PC, 2 XBox ones and 1 NACON Revolution Unlimited Pro which is still wrapped. I also have 2 of the 8bitdo Pro 2 controllers lying around. Plus the designed XBox is 219$ with the full package.

Here is the one I designed, notice the engraved DeadVoivod text.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that's way too much for a controller. They do look nice but too much. I even waited for an Amazon Prime day earlier in the year to get a second PS5 controller. A black one which I managed to get for £45. And I thought that was expensive.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered the controller now, only changed the menu buttons to white so that it matches the middle design.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, they said 3-4 weeks to design but it got already sent today

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Oh, they said 3-4 weeks to design but it got already sent today
    How much DC?
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was 210€.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    It was 210€.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a mad price just for a controller. I already thought the normal official controllers for both the PS4/5 and Xbox are way over priced, although they are far more complex than ever, especially the PS5 dualsense controller. I managed to get a second one in the last Amazon Prime sale for £44 which I think was worth it.

I wouldn't pay for the PS5 Edge controller either. And that's about the same price at £209.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it this morning. The series 2 controller is awesome, just the click of the buttons feels so nice, the adjustable triggers are excellent, so is the (replaceable and magnetic) d-pad. The added rubber gives also a perfect grip and the fact that this one is without batteries is actually nice.