Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post

It's quite a shock these days if the internet for down. You suddenly realise how much you rely on it.
    It sure is. When we first moved into this house we had no phone line and no fibre, so all we could do was use a 4G dongle and it sucked.

The kids HATED it. I found it frustrating when trying to do work stuff from home, but at the same time, I enjoyed some moments of being less connected and less distracted. I assembled a lot of flat pack furniture for the house.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When we moved house I was stuck for a few weeks without broadband, so know that feeling.

I'd ordered fttc to be installed at the time (full fibre was a long way off back then) and had arranged for it to be done the day after we moved in. But I received a phone call from BT the day we moved saying they had to cancel my Broadband order because the "internet" wasn't available at the address. I really got annoyed with the guy on the phone who I can only describe as an idiot following his screen prompts. The people who lived here before us had fttc working, so it should already have been in place to the address at the cabinet. But he just wouldn't believe me. Instead he said he would need to arrange for engineers to check and test the line before a new order could be placed. And said this would take a week. 4 weeks later I couldn't get a straight answer to if they had tested and verified the line. So I just went onto my BT account, reordered the broadband and the order went straight through and 2 days later an engineer came out and connected it up. Mad. It then took my a year to get the compensation back for no service.

The only saving grace is that if a BT broadband customer all BT routers share an open wifi connetion (seperate from toy home wifi) so as a BT customer you can connect to any BT customer's router like a hotspot. This can be really useful when out, and thankfully a neighbour was with BT because I coyld connect to a BT wifi hotspot from the house. Only 5mbps but better than nothing.

And we actually used the same bt wifi when we had to move multiple times years ago when we flooded twice. That was a bit of a nightmare though because I had to keep moving our phone and broadband to the temp rental houses whilst our house was being repaired, thrn back again each time. And BT never let us keep the same number, so we went through loads of landline numbers.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    Regarding owning for ever though, an active subscription is one thing, but games fall off the listing from what I've read or mis-understood.
    Yes that's true. Games get removed from Xbox Gamepass every month. But I think that's because some makers only sign short deals to try and make people finally buy the games. They do offer a 20% discount for games about to leave.

I'm not sure about PS Plus Extra library. Games did sometimes leave Now, and a lot were removed from it when it merged with PS Plus, but I think that was because they were adding PS5 games, and also stripped all the streamingonly PS3 games that were included. But when Now was running normally I never saw much removed.

But yeah, to safeguard having access to a game buying it is still the only guarantee.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!