Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Silent Hill remake.

Sony has used their state of Play to announce the remake of Silent Hill 2 is in development. And apparently it's been in development for 3 years and near to completion. But we have to wait for Konami to announce the release date.

I'm a bit disappointed it wasn't a remake of the first game, as that remains one of my favourite survival horror games.

And as stated in this video, they are also working on 3 more games in the Silent Hill series. Plus a live real-time series.

Silent Hill f - set in 1960s Japan

Silent Hill: Townfall.

Silent Hill: A Short Message. There's no information on this one yet.

And finally there is Silent Hill Ascension - "live real-time interactive series" being worked on by a number of developers including the team behind Dead by Daylight.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back in the PS2 days, Deb & I use to play Silent Hill. - It's one of the very few console horrors that Deb actually thought was great.

I might have a look at it when available for the PC, but I won't be rushing out to own a copy before trying it.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw this some days ago, might be interested as I never really played a Silent Hill game, I think

I always thought they're the same like Resident Evil which I don't like. But I'm probably wrong.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are very different to Resident Evil. Best way to describe it is that RE is more like US horror that relies on making you jump for scares. Whereas Silent Hill is true Japanese horror that is psychological horror that makes you very uncomfortable and builds up the tension keeping you to wonder whats coming and creeping you out.

The best IMO is still the first game. It utilised the original PSXs short draw distances to its advantage by shrouding the town in fog. You could hear things moving around in the fog. It supported surround sound and that worked really well.

It obviously shares some things with RE, like attacking enemies with weapons, collecting items and solving puzzles. But the SH pizzles are far nicer. Such as a piano in the school. It also utilises the shifting reality idea, where you are in the normal town, then it shifts into the hell version where everything is decaying, and items from an asylum are strewn around. And you have to solve the mystery of the town.

Really wish they would remake the original.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I remember that I had a demo disc with my PSX and I showed the intro to a friend who was still and only in PC gaming to show him what the PSX was capable of doing. And the music is epic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    They are very different to Resident Evil. Best way to describe it is that RE is more like US horror that relies on making you jump for scares. Whereas Silent Hill is true Japanese horror that is psychological horror that makes you very uncomfortable and builds up the tension keeping you to wonder whats coming and creeping you out.

The best IMO is still the first game. It utilised the original PSXs short draw distances to its advantage by shrouding the town in fog. You could hear things moving around in the fog. It supported surround sound and that worked really well.

It obviously shares some things with RE, like attacking enemies with weapons, collecting items and solving puzzles. But the SH pizzles are far nicer. Such as a piano in the school. It also utilises the shifting reality idea, where you are in the normal town, then it shifts into the hell version where everything is decaying, and items from an asylum are strewn around. And you have to solve the mystery of the town.

That's an absolutely brilliant synopsis Harrison. - Couldn't have put it better myself. - Deb isn't really a gamer in any manner but she absolutely loved it for puzzle solving & the tension of fear all around you. - Simply a brilliant gaming experience.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.