Thread: Covid again!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Covid again!

I've been feeling quite rough all week. Got worse Wednesday with a headache, streaming nose, started to cough and my breathing was starting to effect my asthma.

I did a covid test Thursday morning, but it was negstive. My wife started feeling ill that night and she tested positive Friday morning so stayed home off work.

This morning I finally tested positive. So that's a great start to my week off work.

We were meant to be going to the theatre tonight too so had to cancel that. There are no actual restrictions any more, you don't have to prove a negative test, show a covid passport or wear a mask any more. But I couldn't sit in a theatre knowing I had covid. The theatre were good and rebooked us for Thursday though. So that's something.

Bit annoying. I don't have the muscle aches yet this time though. But my wheezing asthma has got worse, whereas last time my breathing wasn't effected at all. My wife does have really aching knees and legs though and she's started to cough a lot now.

Tom also said he wasn't feeling very well last weekend, but not much came of it. So maybe he had it first. Its going around schools a lot at the moment. A lot of the teaching staff in my wife's school have been off with it.
    Last edited by Harrison; 23rd October 2022 at 13:08.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh dear, that's not good fella.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take care. A friend of mine from work said that the second time he had it was a lot worse, although he had all his vaccinations, when he got it the first time he wasn't vaccinated yet.

So far I didn't have it once and it'll be great if it stays that way. Although I took the train in London from Liverpool station to White Hart Lane which was crammed, sitting together with 62.000 other people and later having parties with hundreds of other fans, I really thought I might get it, got sick afterwards but 2 consecutive day tests showed negative.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankfully it hasn't been as bad this time so far. I've had a really bad dry cough that felt like my eye was going to pop out. Coughing worse at night. And my asthma has been worse, meaning using inhalers a lot. And quite tired. Headache hasn't been as bad this time and I'm not as drained of energy as before. Hopefully that's the worst of it.

I keep being offered free flu jabs, but never bother. Wondering if I might this year.

I have had the 3 vaccinations, but thentlast one was at the end of last year, so there isn't much likelihood they will have any protection now. I'm not old enough to quakify for another yet, although my wife was meant to have a 4th vaccination today, but has had to cancel and resquedule.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds yucky, hope you get better soon.

We do yearly flu vaccinations free at work each year, so I always get it done as it's easy (just head to the room down the corridor, sit, get jabbed, get a free lollipop, and away).

In 2008 ish I had a really, really bad flu that knocked me completely for days, it was a really rough one. I missed the team Christmas lunch at a fancy restaurant and felt so sick I couldn't even play video games or do anything other than lay in bed for days. I hated it. Even if the jabs only offer a partial reduction in risk, I'll take it.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I am considering a flu jab now. But they ask when you last had covid last as they are not giving them without a certain time gap.