Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The emulator (whether installer or archive) does not include a kickstart ROM. So you might not have one. You have to place the kickstart ROM(s) into a directory and link to the path from within the emulator, but that is all explained in the tutorial.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, I now have ROMs and I've directed the path to the folder that they're inside.

Please could someone direct me to a failsafe adf game so I can try it out?

PS. In the tutorial it mentions that if you have emulator and roms the 'AMIGA BOOT' screen will run until an adf is present. I do not get the 'AMIGA BOOT' screen!!

HELP

When i attempt to 'start', I get an error window labelled 'crash' ;-

"Crash detected. MiniDump saved as:
    C:\Program Files\WinUAE\winuae_1430_20070821_132818.dmp "

It then tries to send an error report to winuae.

???????????????????????????
    Last edited by Tomski; 21st August 2007 at 13:31. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Umm... not sure what the problem could be.

Did you setup WinUAE using the exe installer version of the zipped version? I tend to just download and use the zipped versions. Just extract the contents into a folder and it is ready to run from the winuae.exe icon within.

If you are about this afternoon I can be online in the live chat on the main site to try and help you get it working. Probably sometimes around 3pm UK time.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou, that would be ideal.......... However, I start work at 3pm!

I did the installer directy from the main WINuae site.

Perhaps this could be it.....
    When directing the path in winuae, I can only specify as far as the folder I have the ROMs in, not each individual ROM. Having said this, when scanning for the ROMs, WINuae does find them.

System requirements issue??

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Imo that is an error you get when trying to set up a real harddrive in WinUAE. Don't know why it does the error though.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would suggest trying a slightly older version of WinUAE. 1.4.2 or even 1.3.2 and see if that works.

Once you have set the kickstart roms path, just go into the Quickstart section, select the model of Amiga you wish to emulate and then put an ADF in the DF0: Emulated Floppy Drive and it should then work when you click Start.

I would suggest first selecting an A500 with the default configuration that appears, and then pressing Start. If the emulator is working it will boot to the 1.3 hand holding a disk boot screen. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure why.

If you are at home later tonight after 11pm then I should be online then and can talk live to try and help if you need it.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

Sorry to hijack this thread but is there are also a list of commands of WinUAE?
    You know, the various button combinations.

Edit:

I have completey forgotten how to work win the program, I can start a game but then I am just stuck.
    For some reason WinUAE also doesn't work completely right
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    F12 is the main key you need to know about when using WinUAE. While the emulator is running it will bring the properties window back up and pause the emulation. You can then swap ADFs, change settings etc. All other keys are configurable from this screen.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Harrison,

Thanks for helping out.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Above in this thread, you provided a link to a website that has a huge listing of .adf files for download. First off, I'm in U.S.A., and don't speak that language. Was wondering if there was a english version. Thats not really a big issue, as I did find the game I wanted by searching. However, there is like 30 different listings for the same game. Which one do I download? I don't understand why there is 30 different versions. If someone could go to that site, and check it out for me, I'd appreaciate it. The game I want is Black Crypt.

EDIT: I did find another site. I downloaded Black Crypt. Game started up fine. For those who don't know, it is a Dungeon Crawl RPG. Along the lines of Eye of the Beholder. Anyways, after creating my party of 4 heros, the next thing was a screen asking either to save the game as "Save game A" or "Save game B". I just clicked "A" and then a screen appeared asking me to insert my Save Game disk. And that's where I stopped. I couldn't go any further. I tried clicking the mouse, hitting Enter, and ESC, but nothing. Finally I just exited the game by closing the window. How can I play this game? I don't have a saved gamed disk. The zip file does have 3 adf files in it, disk 1, disk 2, disk 3. How do I load the other disks? I am stumped.
    Last edited by Brintinacx; 6th April 2008 at 06:19.