Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for writing so much. I hope you don't kick me. I got Black Crypt to work. I figured it out myself. I made a text file, and saved it as a .adf file. Next I used the tool in Winuae's menu, to create a Standard floppy, I named the Disk label "savegame". Works fine, however, I also downloaded Pool of Radiance, and am having trouble getting that to work. Has anyone gotten Pool of Radiance to work?

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Brintinacx, when games ask for a save disk, the easiest thing to do is to search for an empty disk .adf. I can't remember where I found it though....then just copy it a few times and use it for save game files.

What is happening in Pool of Radiance???
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If all else fails, you could also make a copy of any one of your adf files, and use WinUAE to format it just like you would a real floppy on a real amiga. That will usually work, but is just about the most long-winded method. Better to download an existing one if you can find it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure i follow you. Here is what is happening, Pool of Radiance is asking for a disk named "pooldata". I did the same thing, when I made my Black crypt disk, using the tool in Winuae's menu. It looks like it is about to accept it, then suddenly a error appears at the bottom of page, say "file not found, check your search path and try again" Then if you click near that error, a box opens up to type in, I assume for the "file path". Got me. Now what was this about searching for a disk? You mean some people that have played the game, they put their own save game .adf's online to download? Thats nice, but at one time, they too had to create a disk, I'm just wondering how.

Also, can you please explain to me, why most of the sites, that I'm getting my .adf's from, have multiple listings for most games. As in the case of Black Crypt, there was at least 20 if not more for the same thing, but they had little "letter" differences in parenthesis. How do I know what these little initials are, and how do I know which version to download?

I am so sorry. I keep figuring things out on my own, and wasting your forum space. The initial disk, "pooldata", that the game requests, is actually Disk 2 of the 2 .adf's I downloaded for the game. You'd think they would name it "pooldata" to avoid confusion. Oh well. I created my characters, and still needed a save disk, which all I did was format a blank .adf, and disk labeled it, "poolsave". Game works fine now. I still am stumped about the 100's of versions of a game. Also, I have so far gotten 2 viruses, from sites, where I downloaded my .adf's from. Luckily my Anti Virus caught them, so no damage was done, but why would people do that? I'd like to find just one virus code writer, and punch him in the freakin face, jerks. I love my Amiga games though! Brings back memories of the 1000's of hours I wasted as a teenager, playing these incredible games.
    Last edited by Brintinacx; 6th April 2008 at 19:44. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The various versions you see are just that, different versions of the same game. One set is the original disks, others are the cracked version and there can be many of those for the more popular games as more than one group cracked them. And completists would like to have all of them available. Some are even non-working versions, they will have a [b] in the filename so you probably want to avoid those.

Edit: Should perhaps add, all those symbols are part of the TOSEC naming convention, very useful as it tells you a lot about the file you have. If you google 'TOSEC naming' or something you should find a list of what it all means.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. Thank you very much. You folks here are very helpful.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guide to TOSEC symbols:

[a] Alternate version
    [b] Bad dump
    [cr] Cracked
    [cr Crack Group] Cracked by Crack Group
    [f] Fixed
    [f save] - fixed to allow saving
    [f copier] - fixed for use on a copier
    [f NTSC] - fixed for NTSC systems
    [h] Hacked
    [h Hacker Group] - Hacked by Hacker Group
    [m] Modified
    [m Modifier] - Modified by Modifier
    [o] Overdump
    [p] Pirate (non-licensed)
    [t] Trained
    [t Trainer Group] - Trained by Trainer Group
    [t +5] - Plus five trainer
    [tr] Translation
    [tr Fr] - Translated to French
    [tr En] - Translated to English
    [u] Underdump
    [!] Verified Good dump

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Brintinacx View Post
    Thank you. Thank you very much. You folks here are very helpful.

To be honest, the fact that you are able to solve the problems yourself, and then post the information on the forum, in fact also makes you a very helpful person.

See, it's all good in here. No question is a dumb one...

...allegedly!
    This is not a signature

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ View Post
    Guide to TOSEC symbols:

[a] Alternate version
    [b] Bad dump
    [cr] Cracked
    [cr Crack Group] Cracked by Crack Group
    [f] Fixed
    [f save] - fixed to allow saving
    [f copier] - fixed for use on a copier