Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah yes the harp bow, makes a musical noise when it shoots. Great weapon.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wanted to play some old school RPG so I started yesterday with The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (Part I). I have all 4 games and I know it takes quite some time to finish them, and so far around 5-6 hours in, I really enjoy it.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not played that yet.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Started again with The Ascent, started it like 1 year ago but stopped, now I started again and I think it's great. Just mindless shooting which feels absolutely great. The graphics are just gorgeous as they now added DLSS and ray tracing, it just looks awesome, plus I adore the setting, would say my favorite kind of environment setting. I also downloaded around 30 animated wallpapers of the game in the wallpaper engine, just fantastic!!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. I'd forgotten about this game. It was given away as part of Humble Choice and I gave it a quick play but haven't got back to it yet. I always enjoy twin stick shooters, even more so if they are combined what a story and RPG elements.

It's also included on Xbox Gamepass for anyone who has that.

I might check its Steam Deck compatibility later. Should suit that quite well will the twin stick controls, although the menus might be a bit complex for the screen size.
    Last edited by Harrison; 1st December 2022 at 23:08.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Should suit that quite well will the twin stick controls, although the menus might be a bit complex for the screen size.
    Problem is that the font in the menu's is very small and even on my 77" TV I have to squint to read certain things. Plus there's no raytracing on the deck, you have to admire it on a big screen.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the only real issue running any PC game on a handheld. They are not often designed for small screens. But it can depend how a game is written, because often the font will work ok as the resolution is lower (1280x800 for the Steam Deck).

The genre I tend to avoid on it is strategy because they are normally quite menu and text heavy.

I'm not too bothered about Ray Tracing unless it's within a PS5 game because I don't have a PC GPU new enough to do it.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw, I had been testing Breath of the Wild on PC in Yuzu and eventually ended up finishing it.

Game is good but I wouldn't rate it a 100% perfect game like a lot of people do. I would rate it a good 7/10.

The open world is nice and exploring it is a lot of fun, at least in the beginning. Starts to get a bit boring as the world is VERY empty and not a lot of stuff happens. The main quest is nice to play, re-enabling the 4 divine beasts, the story is just almost non existing, same old princess story. I did also the side quests in the beginning but gave up quite fast as it's your usual fetch quests travelling from A to B and back.

Most annoying is probably that there are 4-5 different enemy types that are all over the world and none more, gets really boring fighting them over and over again. And the 120 shrines throughout the world are also funny in the beginning but get tedious with time plus some are exactly the same and the loot is sometimes forgettable. Weapon durability is also a pain, who came up with that idea, even your bow breaks after 20 shots, wtf

I also tried Tears of the Kingdom, as the whole game leaked 1 week before release, it works fine and I just played for 1 hour, but I'm gonna skip that for the moment. Anyways, what I saw is basically the same all over again with some added mechanics, looks really like BotW 1.5 and they needed a whole 6 years for that?? Even the enemies are the same

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also tested out the new Zelda on the Steam Deck. Runs perfectly and according to what I've read runs at a framerate 20% better than the real Switch can. That's funny. Apparently the Steam Deck emulates it at 55/60 fps, which is optimal, whereas the Switch struggles to maintain 44fps.

The Switch really is overdue a hardware update. Its smartphone tech is over 6 years old now and that's a long time for that hardware. They have squeezed all they can.