Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't played anything much after finishing Return to Monkey Island. We've had some big bills and spending elsewhere so I haven't got much to spend on games until next pay month.

I also have a terrible kind of ennui sweeping over me, I just can't be bothered. A couple of times I've picked up the Switch or turned on the PS4, poked about in the library or the store for a bit and then just turned it off again.

I've had a very quick blast on some Switch online games (say, 10 minutes of Space Harrier or a bit of PilotWings 64) but I just can't seem to muster the energy to get stuck in to anything.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get like that sometimes. Just looking through my collection and never actually playing anything. But there are games I keep installed that I drop back into and play when I can't decide. Games that are not story or mission led.

These include:
    PacMan Championship Edition 2
    Pacman 256
    Ticket to Ride
    Everybody’s Golf
    Moving Out
    Wipeout Omega Collection
    Crash Team Racing
    Puyopuyo Tetris 2
    Soul Calibur VI

And one game I keep coming back to is Minecraft Dungeons.

The one game I do play quite a lot lately, loading up between playing others is the PS5 game Sackboy The Big Adventure. It has a very similar feel to games like Mario.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because of your son probably.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sackboy? No just me playing that. But Minecraft Dungeons yes we play it 2 player.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought also Crash Team Racing, Ticket to Ride, Moving Out, Tetris, Golf.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't picked up Minecraft Dungeons in a while. I might try and get back into it with the boy.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There have been some additional DLC in Dungeons, adding the Nether and the areas, and now adding even more great new maps, and if you haven't played for some time there is a new area called The Tower which is now also multiplayer. And you can now change the enchantments on items using a new trader.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I thought also Crash Team Racing, Ticket to Ride, Moving Out, Tetris, Golf.
    Have you ever tried playing video games or board games with a 10 year old? It can be painful and/or infuriating.

Ticket to Ride I tend to only play solo. We own the board game and tend to play that as a family. And he is getting better at it. As the video game version can be a fairly quick game I just play it when I don't have very long. Also keeps my skills up the beat the family! 😉

Everybody's Golf we do play that as a family. But more so just my wife and I. We really got into it during lockdown. But I di play it solo a bit too to try and unlock more of the game. My wife's not interested in that part of the game, just playing rounds in multiplayer. But moans when she discovers I haven't unlocked something yet.

Crash Team Racing Tom gets too frustrated because he isn't that great at racing games. In a 3 lap race I normally lap him. and my wife's not much better.

Now Moving Out. This is a great 2 player game, but Tom messes around and makes me too angry. I do try sometimes but it can be very hard to not get very annoyed. But then the same is true of Minecraft Dungeons. I'm often spending a lot of time reviving his fallen character whilst trying to fend up loads of enemies. He has a tendency to just pile in and not realise why he's died or gets distracted and wonders off leaving me to fight everything.

But that's just kids for you.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Minecraft Dungeons. I'm often spending a lot of time reviving his fallen character whilst trying to fend up loads of enemies. He has a tendency to just pile in and not realise why he's died or gets distracted and wonders off leaving me to fight everything.

But that's just kids for you.
    Heh, yes indeed, we had the same thing. Also annoying was he'd pinch all the arrow pickups which was annoying as I had a far better bow than he did (a 3 or 5 shooter with explodey damage too - it was a good wrecking machine) and he'd waste a lot of ammo.

Mario Kart 8 is a good racer for kids, it has good assists that can be turned on/off, team racing, and weapons can be limited. Our eldest is getting quite good, he beats me sometimes... even if I am trying, genuinely, sometimes I lose.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes, steeling the arrow drops. I know that well. Sounds like a similar bow to mine, a harp bow that fires 5 arrows that set the enemies in fire and explode. But I get seeing the limited arrows by equiping fire and loghting quivers. Use those and you don't use your arrows up.

Tom has now realised more about vsteeling resources. We do now tend to agree on who takes arrows by who is running low.

Biggest issue left is me shouting "heal yourself", "activate your fire arrows", "wait for the cooldown brit we go on". He's slowly learning. Dungeons is a great game to get them into Action RPGs though. Great fun. Not too complicated, but equally lots to collect upgrade and setups to think about.