Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

PS4/5: Rollerdrome

When I saw the game title Rollerdrome it instantly got my hopes up. I had images of the film Rollerball, and the Amiga game Speedball.

But here is the trailer.

https://youtu.be/wXeOF_8ROlE

I like the cell shaded graphics. I'm guessing the devs were fans of Jet Set Redio. But it isn't a Speedball game from watching the trailer. More just an arena fps on rollerskates, unless I'm missing something.

Only going to give it a go if it appears free on PS Plus or on Gamepass. Otherwise nope. Disappointed.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems like a missed opportunity to me, Rollerball yes, shooting no, just make it a sports game.

I was also looking forward to Roller Champions but apparently it gets boring quite fast.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stylish graphical design, but the game itself doesn't appeal to me.

Have you tried Knockout City? it's a bit like speedball but more of a dodgeball elimination game than an arena-base sport. It was fun for a bit.

I'd love a modern Speedball. For some reason I got most hooked by the gameboy version - I played the hell out of it.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not heard of that. Will take a look.

Never played the GB version of Speedball. Used to play SB2 on the Amiga a lot. Mashing the button at the ball release to take it the other team player and run for the goal. And those diagonal goal throws. Brilliant game. A lot of games these days over complicate things.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!