Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

M3 DS Simply device

M3 DS Simply is a slot 1 loading device MUST HAVE DS flashcart from the highly reputable M3 perfect team. It uses Micro SD cards for high capacity storage and is compatible in ANY DS/Lite console. It's the same size as an original DS card and boots homebrew, clean images, adds media playback and a whole lot more!

M3 DS Simply Product Description

M3 DS Simply is a slot 1 device (no passcard required) from the famous producer M3 Adapter.

It uses Micro SD card for cheap and high capacity while fitting nicely in your DS/DS Lite. Its low price and strong built offers a great value!

- Same size as an original DS cart
    - Built-in PassMe (NO Need for any boot cart/passcard etc.)
    - Using Micro SD card (Trans Flash) as storage. Cheap & multiple use for cards
    - Boot clean dump images
    - Very simple to use: drag and drop files to the micro SD card
    - No drivers required
    - Standard FAT system support
    - Supports different speed of micro SD card even the low speed SD card. Runs games without any lag or slow down
    - Upgradable Firmware ( OS / Bios / Kernel )
    - Touch Screen control & robust skinning support
    - No battery needed, back up the save file directly into the micro SD card: Never lose your saved games
    - Auto detect the save type & automatically generate saver file
    - Homebrew support , IO lib available on launch
    - Watch movie directly, listen to MP3 & read TXT on the DS via the use of Moonshell
    - Supports WiFi, DS rumble pack & DS browser .

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This card spec looks like a big improvement over previous flash card carts available for the DS. And having the passme built in is much better, but this does mean the DS probably still needs to be flashed? Whereas the DS-X doesn't.

So which is now the better option? This new cart or the DS-X? DS-X has built-in fixed flash memory, whereas this uses flash cards so you can carry as much storage with you as you want.

Will be interesting to see what others make of it and the choice they make.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my M3 DS Simply this weekend. It is incredibly easy to use. Plug in the microSD to your computer, drag the files over, put it in the M3 and that in the DS, play the games. Bish-bash-bosh job done.

So far, I am very impressed and glad I didn't buy the more expensive DS-X. For about 55 quid I got the M3 DS Simply and a 1 gig sandisk microSD. For 73 pounds I could have got the DS-X with 512meg capacity.

Really, there isn't much to say about it, apart from it works really well, does just what I want and is keenly priced. I think it's 'kin ace.

Only thing I have seen that is less than perfect was when I had a go on Lego Star Wars (original trilogy) and once or twice a texture/item took a while to appear - not sure if that was a ROM dump matter, the DS being pushed too hard by the programmers or just a slightly low read/write speed (probably most likely). But really, it didn't spoil the game - remember how glithy GTA3 was on PS2 - well it's nowhere near as bad as that at all.

Plus points (for me, so far):

Easy to use
    Drag an drop functionality, no need for extra software.
    Can buy as many micro SD cards as you want
    Reasonably priced
    No need for patching ROMs or flashing the DS
    Easy to load up games on the DS from the basic but functional list.
    Comes bundled with a CD containing moonshell and a rom trimming programme, and some other stuff.

Minus points:
    Small SD cards are a tad fiddly, sometimes it doesn't pop in/out of the M3 DS cart first time.
    Possible minor slowdown issue.

Am I happy with mine?
    Hell yeah.

Would I recommend it?
    Absolutely.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good. Very tempting to get a DS now this flash cart is out.

I was in Toys R Us today (don't ask) and had a quick go on a display DS with the Mario remake and was a bit disappointed. It was very much like the original NES/SNES versions, but with updated graphics. But there was a problem. It was way too easy compared to the original. I played through the first two levels with out as much as a challenging jump or problem. Much easier than the original. Aimed at a younger audience these days maybe? or just a less mature one?

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that does sound mighty tempting...
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you installed the PSP custom firmware yet Submeg? Will allow you to download and play any game for free on your PSP if you haven't yet.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I need to know where to grab it and such...It will be good, but I dont really use my PSP that much, the only reason I grabbed it was because it had MGS: Ac!d on it.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't forget you can get a lot of emulators for the PSP including a great SNES one and not forgetting Amiga emulation! If you let me know the firmware version you PSP currently has I can do you a guide on how to upgrade it to the current custom firmware.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, will have a look when I get home after work tonight...

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Sounds good. Very tempting to get a DS now this flash cart is out.

I was in Toys R Us today (don't ask) and had a quick go on a display DS with the Mario remake and was a bit disappointed. It was very much like the original NES/SNES versions, but with updated graphics. But there was a problem. It was way too easy compared to the original. I played through the first two levels with out as much as a challenging jump or problem. Much easier than the original. Aimed at a younger audience these days maybe? or just a less mature one?
    New Super Mario Bros starts out incredibly easy. It does get harder later on, but really not by all that much, it's quite a gentle curve. The last 3 or 4 levels in the final world were the most fun, they had all the neat tricks and combinations of different tricky bits. There were a maybe 4 or 5 bits that I had to keep doing over and over to get right.

The game does throw 1-ups at you too easily as well. I breezed through the main game quite quickly, there are still a few extra levels to find (via alternate exits) and star-coins to collect but I'm not really a game-completeist so consider mself pretty much done with it for now. I'd say that i is fun, and worth getting, but I preferred the original 3 Mario games I had on gameboy if I'm going to compare.