Thread: Gran Turismo 7

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gran Turismo 7

It has been 9 years since Gran Turismo 6 was released. I've always been a big fan of GT, but 6 just felt like a polished version of 5. 9 years later we are about to finally get our hands on the next version.

We had been promised the next version on PS4, but only got GT Sport, which was mainly focused on esport online gaming, and wasn't the real deal. GT7 is however available on both PS4 and 5, so anyone not lucky enough to have a PS5 can still enjoy the game.

As I type this the time has reached Midnight and the game has unlocked. I preinstalled it this morning ready (97GB initial install).

Time to play.

Did anyone else preordered it?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I will say they did a brilliant job. Some are moaning about this and that, but the developers stuck to the style and structure of the series perfectly. As soon as you load the game it just feels like you are in Gran Turismo.

One moan by some is the car handling. It's still not on a level with true sim racers like iRacing, but it definitely feels more Sim then before. Each car does handle differently and everything you modify really does make a difference. And they have even included tyre temperature and brake fade. Hammer it round a track and heavy brake into a lot of the corners and after a couple of laps the brakes won't be slowing you down as much as they were to begin with. You also feel the brakes let go if you brake for too long and you can feel ABS working though the heptic feedback.. as you can all the different road surfaces and curbs.

If there is one thing to moan about is the car dealerships. In the older games you could visit the dealerships and buy all the new models, then look through the secindhand cars and pick from all their older models. Now you only get a few select new cars at the dealership and the second hand dealerv only shows about 30 random cars, which change regularly so you have to keep checking back. Preferred the old way.

There are a few old favourite tracks missing too. But they will be adding more over time, plus loads more cars. There are some of my favourite tracks though including Brands Hatch, Goodwood, Monza and Nürburgring, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Laguna Seca, Silverstone etc.. so I'm happy.

With the more realistic handling it will take lots of practice to perfect each track and to find my favourite cars to do it.

Also need to get the gold trophies on all the driving licenses.
    Last edited by Harrison; 10th March 2022 at 11:45.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always HATED the licenses

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The licenses have always been a bit frustrating, but you do get a ah m sense of achievement when you get the harder ones.

But I get why they exist. They do really try to get you thinking how to drive better.