Happy New Year everyone.

I hope you all managed to have a great Christmas and see family and friends.

Did you get any nice gaming or retro gifts?

My only one was to my self as I finally managed to get a PS5. Other than that it was mainly clothes, some books etc.

My Christmas didn't quite go to plan. Had everything going well Christmas morning. Had a Gammon slow cooking all night. The Turkey was in really early. I had the house cleaned and the table laid. Last job before my parents arrived was to cut some wood for the log burner. And I put my back out. Was in really bad pain the rest of the day, but still managed to have a great day. Back pain didn't ease up until the 28th though.

Then boxing day my wife had a positive lateral flow test and a follow up positive pcr test on the 27th, so we had to cancel our plans for my birthday on the 28th to visit my parents. Great! So wife was ill in bed. And my parents had to self isolate. Then on the 28th Mother-in-law said she had been ill in bed for a day. We told her to do a lft and that was positive. And she is still in bed ill today.

Then New Years Eve I get a positive lft. Did a follow up pcr on Sarurday and came back positive yesterday. So I have to isolate now until the 10th Jan. What fun. Thankfully not too bad so far. Aching muscles, cough and a bit of a headache. Think the booster vaccine has helped.

Anyway, really hoping 2022 is a far better year then 2021.