Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use to Love Gran Turismo back in the early PS days.

Just been looking @ GT7, but £70 for a console game..... Meh!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Console games have really gone up in price on the new console generation. If you want a game on release date they are commanding £50-70 these days.

But if you are not so fussed they quickly start appearing with big discounts. Games released last year are now often seen with at least 50% off. And PS Plus members often get larger discount offers.

And physical disc versions drop in price much faster. But I don't bother with physical game copies any more for quite some time now. Much prefer the clutter free digital route. Only downside is you can't sell the games on if you are finished with them. But I hate having to find the actual disc to load any physical games. In fact I dislike it so much I actually rebought the digital versions on the PS4 so I didn't have to put thr disc in. Can also share games between the PS4 and PS5 easier if digital.

But if you actually consider inflation we were paying £25-29 for most new releases on the Amiga back in the early 90s. And new Playstation 1 games were £45 in 1997. SNES games were often £49.99 too. So factoring in inflation we were paying far more then for a new game.

In fact it's quite mad to think PC games are still actually the same exact price as they were 20 years ago. So are in effect much cheaper. And even at £70 a new console game is relatively cheaper then 20 years ago.

Still sounds like a lot of money though.

GT7 is looking amazing from the screenshots and videos though. Only a few days left before release. My copy is already preloaded and waiting.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    But I don't bother with physical game copies any more for quite some time now. Much prefer the clutter free digital route. Only downside is you can't sell the games on if you are finished with them. But I hate having to find the actual disc to load any physical games. In fact I dislike it so much I actually rebought the digital versions on the PS4 so I didn't have to put the disc in.
    Exactly my words, although firstly the reason was different. After my back surgery I was not able to get up for several months, so swapping discs was not possible, so I spent quite a lot of money rebuying all of my games digitally, but eventually sold the physical games to a second hand shop.

But I still bought the PS5 disc version "just in case".

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here. I Boult the PS5 disc version too as you never know. But also so I could run 4k blurays.

I also discovered it takes longer to install a game from disc on the PS5 then it shoots to just download the digital version, if your broadband is fast enough on my connection downloaded GT7 in 15 minutes (97GB) and it was ready to play King before it even finished downloading. I asked someone who bought the disc version and had similar speed download and it took 20 minutes to copy the game from the disc, turn another 15b to download the update. So quicker to just go digital.

BTW, how's your back now?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    BTW, how's your back now?
    My back is quite fine, but since some months it starts hurting when I'm sitting too long. If I have to go to the office f.ex. it starts after 4 hours and gets worse, then driving back home is always a pain. If I work in my home office it's obviously better, because half of the time I'm lying on my couch. So far I still had 4 days home office, but from next Monday on it will be again only 3, so I have to drive to the office twice a week, and believe me, with the traffic here in Luxembourg it's not fun at all.

Also driving too long starts hurting now again, I will have to go once back to my doctor to get it checked.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not good. How is standing? Standing desk? Hope it gets better and the doctors have some solutions.

I know your back has been really bad, so I can't compare. But I do suffer from a bad back, and if I do just too much in the garden it can be really bad. At Christmas I chopped up some wood for the log burner, and it suddenly went. I spent a week not being able to bend at all, get in and out of chairs and couldn't drive. Backs are the worst thing.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a standing desk at the office, never used it in that position though, eventually have to try.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or get a couch for the work office

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Or get a couch for the work office
    Never thought about that, you always have the best ideas