Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

    Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    1

    What are you currently playing?

    Hi everyone,

    Was wondering which games you are playing these days, if any?

    I'm currently playing through Dead Island Definite Edition. Have completed it in the past, but not with all the characters available. For those who don't know, this is a semi open-worlded zombie game set to Banoi Island, off the coast of Papua New Guinea. Other than that, I occassionally play LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) and ScummVM titles on the Mac Mini.

    Used to have an Xbox One S in the living room, but gave it to my daughter, so that she could have a console in her room. I'm mostly interested in Steam on the PC though, so fine for me.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

  2. #2
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

    Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,847
    Blog Entries
    1
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    14
    I still play loads of retro games. Really got into all the retro handhelds coming out of China. There is a thread on here about them. DC is just as interested in them as me. They are great for emulating older systems. And can manage everything up to PS1 well, and can run quite a few N64 and DC. But I mainly play make arcade games, Amiga and snes. The Anbernic 351 systems being my favourite, but some new more powerful ones are just about to come out.

    On more recent systems, thanks to my son we play a lot of Minecraft. I have a realm server where we build on a family world that's been running since the beginning of last year. So lots built and altered in that world. My main build being a massive castle.

    Also still play quite a few games on the PS4 that's in the living room. Have played a lot of Minecraft Dungeons, 2 player with my son. We are currently trying to work our way through the last couple of DLC recently added. I've also just started playing through The Witches 3 again.

    Have wanted a PS5 for some time but no stock anywhere. Really want one before March when Gran Turismo comes out.

    I've neglected playing many PC games lately. But have pre ordered a Steam Deck for next year to catch up with some of them via the handheld. I do still have a gaming PC that runs most things well, but I've wanted to build a new one for some time but there is the GPU shortage and I really wanted a 3080.

    I also recently grabbed an offer on the Android Play Pass, that's a bit like Xbox ultimate or PlayStation Now, offering loads of full games and apps for a monthly fee. I paid a cheaper yearly subscription and there are loads of games. Just finished the first couple in the Doors puzzle series.

    Also thanks to last year and the lockdown we really got back into real boardgames. Ticket to Ride and Rummikib being our favouites. Been trying to get turn into Catan but no luck yet.

    If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!


  3. #3
    Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

    J T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    'STRAYA (since 2010)
    Posts
    1,772
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Jenga, mostly, the kids seem to really love it.

    We're getting them a Switch for Christmas so I'm looking forward to some Nintendo games soon. I've enjoyed the PS4 a lot, but I think I've ticked off most of the things I wanted to do.

  4. #4
    ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

    Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I still play loads of retro games. Really got into all the retro handhelds coming out of China. There is a thread on here about them. DC is just as interested in them as me. They are great for emulating older systems. And can manage everything up to PS1 well, and can run quite a few N64 and DC. But I mainly play make arcade games, Amiga and snes. The Anbernic 351 systems being my favourite, but some new more powerful ones are just about to come out.

    On more recent systems, thanks to my son we play a lot of Minecraft. I have a realm server where we build on a family world that's been running since the beginning of last year. So lots built and altered in that world. My main build being a massive castle.

    Also still play quite a few games on the PS4 that's in the living room. Have played a lot of Minecraft Dungeons, 2 player with my son. We are currently trying to work our way through the last couple of DLC recently added. I've also just started playing through The Witches 3 again.

    Have wanted a PS5 for some time but no stock anywhere. Really want one before March when Gran Turismo comes out.

    I've neglected playing many PC games lately. But have pre ordered a Steam Deck for next year to catch up with some of them via the handheld. I do still have a gaming PC that runs most things well, but I've wanted to build a new one for some time but there is the GPU shortage and I really wanted a 3080.

    I also recently grabbed an offer on the Android Play Pass, that's a bit like Xbox ultimate or PlayStation Now, offering loads of full games and apps for a monthly fee. I paid a cheaper yearly subscription and there are loads of games. Just finished the first couple in the Doors puzzle series.

    Also thanks to last year and the lockdown we really got back into real boardgames. Ticket to Ride and Rummikib being our favouites. Been trying to get turn into Catan but no luck yet.
    Minecraft is fun! I play it with my daughter from time to time on the Xbox. When we first started playing, we always did the creative mode, but now that she is older, she enjoys the survival mode a lot as well. Makes it more challenging to build structures and items etc.

    Ah, Ticket to Ride! That is one great series of games. Which editions do you have? We mostly play the European one. That said, I still love a good game of old-school Monopoly - I always loose, but it is still fun.

    Now, I just have to tell you about the game Miriam got for Christmas. This is insane stuff... You have to connect some sort of apparatus to the head, which has a sensor, and this sensor estimates how stressed out you are. The goal of the game is to stress a person to the max, so that the alarm goes off in the apparatus. Have played it a couple of times and it is not my favorite game to say the least.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Jenga, mostly, the kids seem to really love it.

    We're getting them a Switch for Christmas so I'm looking forward to some Nintendo games soon. I've enjoyed the PS4 a lot, but I think I've ticked off most of the things I wanted to do.
    Nice! I bet Mario Kart and more regular Super Mario games are great on it. Have never played one myself, but looks like a lot of fun.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

  5. #5
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

    Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,847
    Blog Entries
    1
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    14
    We have the European version too. Prefer it over the US version as it has the extras like tunnels and stations. Didn't like the British version as it makes it a bit complicated having to buy permits to use things like ferry routes.

    I also play the computer version on both PS4 and Android sometimes. They did a good job of making the boardgame digital.

    Regarding games I don't like. We bought a friend the cheaters edition of monopoly a couple of years ago. We played it at their house and hated it. It encourages you ro cheat by steeling other players money and property cards, and there are cards that give you a mission to cheat in the game. It just got everyone wound up. Now that game would have had all those head stress sensors going off!

    If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!


  6. #6
    Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

    J T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    'STRAYA (since 2010)
    Posts
    1,772
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Monopoly can be stressful even when the (admittedly often poorly understood) rules are at least ostensibly being followed.

    The cheaters edition sounds shit.

  7. #7
    ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

    Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    We have the European version too. Prefer it over the US version as it has the extras like tunnels and stations. Didn't like the British version as it makes it a bit complicated having to buy permits to use things like ferry routes.

    I also play the computer version on both PS4 and Android sometimes. They did a good job of making the boardgame digital.

    Regarding games I don't like. We bought a friend the cheaters edition of monopoly a couple of years ago. We played it at their house and hated it. It encourages you ro cheat by steeling other players money and property cards, and there are cards that give you a mission to cheat in the game. It just got everyone wound up. Now that game would have had all those head stress sensors going off!
    Oh man, that Monopoly variant sounds awful! Strange concept in a game if you ask me.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

Similar Threads

  1. What are you playing?
    By Demon Cleaner in forum Modern era (7th Gen onwards)
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 4th May 2020, 12:45
  2. What are you playing?
    By Tiago in forum PC - Windows, Linux, Mac
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16th January 2015, 14:49
  3. What game(s) are you playing right NOW?
    By Sharingan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 19th October 2009, 13:44
  4. Playing avi files
    By Submeg in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th September 2007, 01:41
  5. Playing PS2 on a laptop?
    By Submeg in forum 128bit (6th Gen Era)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20th September 2007, 15:03

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright classicamiga.com