C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Pleasuredome closed

Just visited like I do almost every day and it seems that it closed down, you can follow on Reddit now.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's not good news. Thankfully between us we probably have very complete collections of most things. But it's a bit worrying regarding MAME updates if they do vanish.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm more worried about less know stuff, like TOSEC main branch, No-Intro or Redump stuff, and a lot about Visual and Future pinball.

And even the eXo sets were not updated since longer time, he merged the first 5 of them into the eXoDOS collection, and I thought that a newer version would be released after some point.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This link has info about the sudden close.

https://torrentfreak.com/rom-emulati...gaming-210927/

I'm also worried about sourcing future updates and rarer sets. I also currently don't have many of the sets and archives on any of my running systems so I hope my DVD backups are all still working. I was planning a,new emulation setup based on my soon be retired i7 main system.

Really annoying is I had a very large download credit on the tracker too. My MAME set was quite out of date too and I was planning to download a fresh new full set. Very annoying.

Let's hope someone will either resurrect it, or create something new to take over. It's always such a shame when we lose an amazing resource like this, although PD had removed a lot of their content in recent times to avoid copyright (such as all Nintendo sets). I wonder if they were starting to be chases for copyright infringement, game the quite while we are ahead comment.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You still can get the MAME sets here: https://pleasuredome.github.io/pleasuredome/index.html

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just hope that as it's still linked to the whole PD peoject it remains maintained, updated and live. At least being on Github that's something. I wonder how long before organisations, games publishers and governments start going after github?