Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Odin

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Yes, I’ve been following the handheld scene for longer time now and I have to say that it’s quite difficult to keep up with all the releases, there’s just too many.
    LOL DC.

Buy a nice Amiga & have a break.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    No space for an Amiga, I just emulate it on the handhelds

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The handheld scene really has taken off in the last 3 years and is great we are now getting real quality products.

The AYN Odin's are definitely the best at the moment, and it's great to see the team didn't just stop with their first success, but are continuing development.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I put my OneXPlayer for sale on eBay and preordered the Loki Max. I don’t use the OneXPlayer at all, I think that on the go, like now in Finland, I like to play retro games and not Windows games, it’s just so much nicer to pick up and play.

I know that the OneXPlayer is by far more powerful than the Odin Pro and I could use even higher end emulation, but it’s huge in size and at least 3 times the weight of the Odin, which definitely gives the Odin a big advantage. It feels very comfortable in your hands but after one hour you have to put it away.

And as far as I know the Loki Max will be around if not exactly the same size than the Odin plus very powerful. I got 125$ discount because I backed the Odin, which is already very nice. Plus it comes also with Windows which will be a big plus compared the the Odin.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice.

The Odin definitely has the advantage of size compared to most PC hardware based handhelds.

I was tempted by the Loki but as my Steam Deck should be with me in the next month or so I don't really have a need for one. Although the Deck is much bigger looking at the pictures, so if I suddenly needed one for using on a train or bus I would be tempted. I also expect the Loki will have a longer lasting battery.

Look forward to finding out what you think when it arrives. Have they given an estimated delivery date?
    Last edited by Harrison; 31st July 2022 at 09:34.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I had put my OneXPlayer on eBay some months ago, I put a price tag of 979€. One week later a guy offered me 900€, I made a counter offer of 925€ but he declined. And that was it. During that period now I went down with the price all the time, at the moment I'm at 849€ and I regularly get offers ranging from 400-500€, which are not realistic. I should have sold it to the first guy We always know better afterwards.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I probably would have taken that offer to be fair. But sometimes it can pay off to stick to a price. You just don't know. Where are you advertising it for sale?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's on eBay, but I removed it yesterday as we leave tomorrow to London. Will put it online again once I'm back.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Might be worth considering alternative places to advertise it, suxh as retro and emulation forums.