Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Steam Deck

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arcade Punks have a 1TB Steam Deck Batocera image for download:

https://www.arcadepunks.com/fully-lo...-gaming-build/

You should definitely grab it this weekend.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice thanks. Not sure I have enough HD space to download it and extract it. Would be great to get though, especially for the newer systems. Not tried PS2 or PS3 emulation on the Steam Deck yet.

And interesting that it boots completely from the SD card, bypassing Steam OS. I hadn't actually realised that was possible from the BIOS. You learn something new.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    They also have a bootable 1TB USB stick version for PC, I'm downloading that at the moment, only to check it out, don't really need it, but could be a great gadget to give to a friend.

You don't have disk space I even have some 4TB external HDDs lying around in my cupboard which I don't even need. Taking "only" my internal and NAS space I have 140TB.

Btw, what is happening there with the UK postal services? It has been over 2 months now that I sent you the SD card, and I didn't receive it back either so it still must be somewhere. I don't have any tracking number as I just sent it with our local post, no insurance.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any HDDs with 2TB free on a single drive for downloading it and expanding the archive. Most of my HDDs are still 2TB in my PCs, and 4x 4TB in my NAS, so not a huge amount of space as I use most on the NAS for video projects. Really hoping to save up soon for some larger drives.

Referring UK post. There was a big attack on the Royal Mail international shipping computers in January using ransomware, so no international mail could be sent out received in the UK. It started working again last week as I managed to post something to the USA. So fingers crossed your parcel arrives very soon.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Arcade Punks have a 1TB Steam Deck Batocera image for download:

https://www.arcadepunks.com/fully-lo...-gaming-build/

You should definitely grab it this weekend.
    I clicked the link to see what it was all about and a box pops up asking to allow updates. I was just about to get angry when I see the option boxes have been labelled '**** no' and 'hell yes'

I fully approve of such, and it made me smile.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, it's that last bastion of underground downloads you can pretty much trust.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you try the CryoUtilities 2.0?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I pre-ordered the Asus ROG Ally today, don't know yet if I'm gonna keep it but apparently they're already sold out almost everywhere, so I grabbed the chance, plus my fingers were tingling

I'm still waiting for my Loki Max which I pre-ordered on July 22nd last year and it still didn't ship. I'm not so sure about the ROG Ally's size, it's almost as big as the Steam deck, and I sold my OneXPlayer because of it's size, although that on had even 8.4" screen, so still bigger than the Ally. Plus that was almost 900g whereas the Ally is "only" 600g.

Downloads
    Uploads
    These kind of toy's are really not up my street & I've never really wanted to game on the go.

I like to sit down in a comfortable surrounding when gaming, but this ROG Ally is quite a box of tricks looking at the official web link

Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    These kind of toy's are really not up my street & I've never really wanted to game on the go.

I like to sit down in a comfortable surrounding when gaming, but this ROG Ally is quite a box of tricks looking at the official web link

Me too I never play on the go, never. Basically I just take them with me to Finland for when it gets boring. I also only use retro gaming on them, used the Odin Pro a lot (in Finland) playing PS2 games, but it struggles a bit here and there. I wanted one handheld that can emulate those systems flawlessly, like PS2, XBox, Wii or GC, even Saturn, as that's still tougher to emulate. The never ones also run PS3 and Switch without problems, although I have a Switch Lite and a Switch OLED, but emulating is more my thing.

They are a bit of collection items for me, I love setting them up with everything, but once I'm done, they get put away in some drawer and only taken out for demonstration or updating. Or like I said, they find their use from time to time when I go to Finland.

The ROG Ally only gets released on June 13th, so if by any chance I get the Loki Max by then or if I change my mind I still can cancel my order. But seeing that they are selling out so fast I just wanted to put an order just in case. Perhaps the prices will increase after that and I can sell it for more.