C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Off topic, C64 demo

I just got this demo from Zyriax, it's a C64 remake made in 2007 of the Kefrens Desert Dream demo. Thought I would post it here, as it's very cool. The demo has 311MB though, I'll post the link here where to d/l it:

Desert Dream

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saw it on an emulator when it was released, it won the C64 compo at Breakpoint this easter. Very impressive production indeed, managing to show all the effects from the original. They're of course reduced to what the C64 can pull off, but still some of the things it does I'd say wasn't possible to do on a C64 if I hadn't seen it myself.

Here's a link to the D64 files (C64 floppy images) for it if you want to try it in an emulator. It runs fine in VICE and is a much smaller download than that AVI.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I got the AVI file in a few seconds, 100MB at work. I saw that Pouet has the d64 files.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the link to the D64 files Teho. I just emulated the demo using Vice and it is very impressive. It is amazing that they have done this on a C64 and yet retained a lot of the effects and the complete demo sequence from the Amiga original.

I didn't think some of the stuff in the demo was even possible on the C64 and the audio must really push the SID chip to the limit including quite clear sampled sound.

If they can squeeze this much out of a C64, imagine what is still possible with the Amiga!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps I should try it at home on my C64 to see if it's still the same sound.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another example of cool stuff released for the C64. Have you guys seen the remake of the famous PC demo called Second Reality by Future Crew? The C64 version is incredible and is well worth seeing. The music (main theme), originally made by Purple Motion, truly rocks on the SID chip.