Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Retro Arcade cabinet for sale locally

Someone on Facebook marketplace listed a newly built MAME style arcade cabinet for just £250 yesterday. You couldn't buy the flatpack cabinet kits for that, and it looked like it had proper arcade controls and a nice display. It states 3000 games included but otherwise absolutely no information about it. I messaged them asking what hardware was inside the cabinet and recieved a one word reply "windows".

Safe to say I didn't bother pursuing it further. Was it a genuine sale? Who knows. Maybe he just didn't quite know the real value or somehow acquired it via a friend or relative and had no idea. I sensed something a bit off with it though. If you were going to sell something like that surely you have a quick look online to gauge prices and the market?

There are some strange people out there though. But it does mean you can sometimes still grab a bargain. We managed to buy 2 nearly new armchairs for £25 for both! They were made by Next and we know they would have been about £400 each originally. The woman was originally listing them for £30 but knocked £5 off because she thought there might be a mark on the back of one. It was funny they appeared for sale because we had only just bought the matching sofa in a Next sale about 2 weeks before. Strange things happen.
    Last edited by Harrison; 6th May 2021 at 00:02.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quite lucky with the sofa, usually it's the opposite. I buy a game for PS4, you can be sure that next month it's in PS Plus

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That happens to me too. I can't remember the games but I bought a few in the Christmas sales then 2 of them were on Plus. A bit annoying.

Same happens with Steam. Buy something in a sale then it's given away in Humble Bundle.

I actually need to stop buying PS4 games because I still haven't finished the couple I'm mainly playing, so any more I buy just stretch the number to be played further into the distance Think I will need to live to be about 150 at this rate to get through them all!
    Last edited by Harrison; 8th May 2021 at 10:45.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    A 48 hour day would be perfect, where you would only have to sleep 4 hours and work 2

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That could be good. Although imagine the exploitation by business then making you work a 24 hour day!

BTW, I've still not stopped buying games. The PS4 sales have added a load more further discounts this week so grabbed a few more I've wanted to play for some time. Dynasty Warriors 9 was one as I used to really enough the first few on the PS2. Great hack and slash games, being able to take on whole armies single handed and wipe out hundreds of enemies at once.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have to stop buying, PS4 disks are completely full, had to delete some stuff as I cannot even update games anymore. I have 1TB internal and 5TB external disks!

Playing at the moment bigger in size games, to eventually get space on the disks again. Just finished Mass Effect: Andromeda, and I'm about to finish Jedi: Fallen Order, which I try to rush through, not so much interested in the game, but it was for free. So I'm trying to get rid of it as fast as possible, although is not bad, reminds me of Uncharted set in the Star Wars universe. Although I hate the rogue like approach.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the same issue. My 4TB external drive was showing about 49GB free. I've managed to free up about 300GB by removing whole game series and just keeping the one in currently playing. I expect like me you generally install everything as you buy it. There are really not that many games left on my list to still buy, but then other less important RPGs keep appearing on offer. And remasters and remakes keep coming out. They definitely know how to entice games to keep buying.