Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sky Q definitely has a slightly softer image. Reminds me of the difference when you switched to Scart RGB in the old days. It's useful they added Prime and Disney+ to the SkyQ apps though because it allows other TVs in my house that are not smart TVs to access the services.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Sky Q definitely has a slightly softer image. Reminds me of the difference when you switched to Scart RGB in the old days. It's useful they added Prime and Disney+ to the SkyQ apps though because it allows other TVs in my house that are not smart TVs to access the services.
    This is the way forward H. - All TV will eventually be though the Internet & App's will ensue. - Unless it's a Chinese style "One-App" of course!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There was a rumour Sky were looking into broadband only versions of Sky, but as they also have NowTV I don't think they are going to do that yet. The big advantage of Sky Q still using a sat dish is it didn't eat into your broadband bandwidth if other are using it. Especially useful at the moment in Lockdowns when zoom meetings can start to play up if others are also using broadband.

TV via Internet has only really been held back by broadband speeds. Especially in the UK. Now they are fast enough for most to cope we are seeing fast rollout of streaming services in the last 2 years.

I hardly buy physical media any more as most is available on demand, and if not can be purchased to stream on either Sky or Prime. Same is true for most media these days. Digital magazines, books, filns, games really reduces clutter!

I don't think freeview will be disappearing any time soon though because a lot of older people still only watch that. Personally I don't even have an aerial connected to any TVs any more. Haven't needed it in years.

I've also found myself watching a lot more Youtube on the TV in the last year. Never did much before, but the level of interesting content and the quality of filming production has really improved. Youtube really is a great platform for creators to make whatever content they wish and for viewers to find some really interesting unique content that's not created by suits with financial obligations to large organising and board rooms. Some traditional TV studios must be worried about their future because they are becoming obsolete. I never watch the crap on most live tv channels and more. Can't stand it. Full of false people on obscene salaries talking crap and presenting the most boring chat shows, game shows or similar.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!