Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Retro Handhelds

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I saw that. Looks better then the smaller one, but most of these manufacturers are sticking to the same reference hardware design. I hope later this year we finally see the next generation of these handhelds begin. Screensize and ram don't need to be any more, although higher resolution or touchscreen would be good, but a faster CPU and GPU would really aid PSP, N64, Dreamcast and Saturn emulation a lot.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    5" screen would be nice though. One guy checked the Super Console Pro with 1GB and 2GB of RAM, and he display the RAM usage on screen, and indeed, around 750MB of RAM were used all the time, on either console. So there was definitely no benefit for the extra RAM.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's probably because the firmware/OS is optimised from 1GB, so any more just won't be utilised. When a new generation with more the system would be written to take advantage.

One idea with enough ram could be to do what the new consoles do, where you could have more then one game loaded at once and just move between them (like multitasking windows on a PC or Amiga.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aaargh!!! Now they came out with the One XPlayer console, started yesterday on Indiegogo.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/o...te&utm_term=#/

A 8,4" Windows handheld with 2.5K IPS screen and a 11th generation Intel i7 Tiger Lake CPU. Looks awesome.

I don't know now if I should get my AYA NEO refunded, and wail until this battle is over before choosing which one to get? The Intel i7-1185G7 is already a lot faster than the AMD Ryzen 7 4800U, and the AYA NEO "only" even comes with a Ryzen 5 4500U.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw that. Looks nice. Maybe if you have only preordered it might be worth cancelling.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I asked for a refund and already got the confirmation. I now ordered the OneXPlayer with the extra keyboard

I was checking out a bit the CPUs, they have the model with the 1185G7 (although already sold out), but that's almost 450€ more expensive, not considering the 2TB SSD. Comparing the 1165G7 and the 1185G7 shows only a very slight performance increase, but they say it's absolutely not worth it.

Here's a nice comparison review: https://www.techspot.com/review/2168...core-i7-1185g7

But the 1165G7 is a lot better option than the Ryzen 5 4500U, plus the Iris XE GPU is also a lot better than the Radeon 6. Not to mention that the 4500U is the direct competitor to the Intel Icy Lake CPUs and not the newer Tiger Lake.

Plus that bigger and much nicer IPS is a great addition. Apparently what I saw in video reviews so far it's excellent.

The size is quite big though for a handheld, but probably still manageable, as I also have quite big hands.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a new big 351 Elec update out. It includes a 351V specific version that has been made to fit the different screen resolution in menus. Using the retroarch menus is also a lot faster.

There is also a new Dreamcast emulator included (not working in the V firmware yet) that really speeds up many games, but some are still running around the high 80% frame rate.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just saw this this morning: 351ELEC REBORN

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. But annoying as I've been setting up ArkOS as the main one I'm using, mainly because I'm using its Ports feature to play ported PC games. Will have to grab another SD card and setup 351ELEC too for future proofing.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anbernic is probably gonna release a 5" handheld too, the RG552.

https://retrododo.com/rg552/