Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro Handhelds

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The RG351V is definitely an interesting design. Also has a higher resolution and different aspect ratio to the 351P/M. When I watched reviews I was surpised how big it was compared to an original Gameboy.

I agree about the Analogue Pocket and Evercade. Great projects but not for me either. Some people like to collect officially licensed releases for these systems. I just like to emulate everything.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whilst I have no problem personally with piracy or emulation, I'm wondering how do companies that make things like this skirt around the legal issues? Or is it a case of, (assumption) being Chinese, they can pretty much just ignore it as the license holders can't really reach that far?

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes I wonder about that too, the Super Console X (Pro) f.ex. gets shipped with 50.000 games pre-installed, from Atari to ZX, how do they manage to sell it?

I also got another PS Vita from eBay yesterday, a PCH-1004 model, as I think that one still looks better than the slim version. This one is in top mint condition, and comes with Henkaku 3.65 Enso pre-installed, Sd2vita card with a fully loaded 512GB SD card.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. So the SDtoVita cards look like a standard Vita Memory card to the Vita? And you can use it with an unmodified Vita? I've only got a 64GB official Vita memory card in mine, but want to try and download all the games I have in the store before it gets closed, so being able to put a 512GB SD card in and download to that would be perfect, if it works like that.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's some guide for the SDtoVita, https://www.wellpcb.com/special/sd2vita.html

You have to format the card plus install some apps in order to get it working.

I just got the black Vita, and I have to say it looks absolutely in top condition, I cannot find one single scratch, this looks like completely new. It's loaded with already 400GB of stuff, have to fiddle around a bit. PKGj app is also installed, there you can just download every single game there is from the page directly to your device with the NoNpDrm fake license. 3279 games available for download. No need to install the games I owned, as you can just download everything you want. Wonder if that still works once PSN is down. Are those games even hosted on Sony's servers? EDIT: Apparently yes, you basically download straight away from their servers.

There's also every single possible hacking app installed, emulators including RetroArch, and of course Adrenaline for the PSP games, with already 100 games pre-installed.

The only thing I don't know, can I now login with my user, or will that get banned then? I see that there's are Henkaku settings inside the Vita's normal settings, and has PSN and version spoofing enabled. Spoofed version is set to 3.73 which I think is the last firmware for the Vita. So I wwill have to check if I can sign in or not.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting info. Cheers for that. The Vita is the only system I've never tried to hack, mainly because I still use mine with my real PSN account.

BTW, don't try to log in to your PSN account from the hacked Vita. You face a strong chance of getting your account permanently banned, which could also hardware ban your PS4.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    BTW, don't try to log in to your PSN account from the hacked Vita. You face a strong chance of getting your account permanently banned, which could also hardware ban your PS4.
    Although they mention that it's quite 100% safe, but you're right, not gonna sign in to PSN when using this console.

So I installed already a lot of stuff I wanted, Vita games get installed with DLC and updates already included. In the PKGj app you can also download your PSP, PSP minis and PSX games, DLC, updates, like everything with just one button click, how great is that. I'm currently downloading a huge catalogue of games, which takes quite long over WiFi.

Amiga emulation also works quite well with Use4All2 Mod, have to test it out a bit more.

I'm currently making "bubbles" for my PSP games with a nice Adrenaline Bubbles Manager, so you have your PSP games well organized in the Live area and can launch them straight away without having to launch Adrenaline first. Will do the same with PSX games.

RetroArch is fully configured with around 40 different categories including all media like pictures, screenshots, backgrounds and videos. Very nicely done by the guy.

Stiéé have to test out a bit DC with Flycast, and I'm gonna install ScummVM on it, as the Vita might be a nice console to run those games.

I also just received my slim white Vita from eBay, and again, it looks like mint condition, absolutely nice. This one I'm probably not gonna hack, but will see which games I can download that I owned once I log in with my real account. This one came without anything, no cards, no cables, original firmware.

Keeps me quite busy And again, like with everything else, once I'm done setting up, I will probably put it aside. But that's most of the fun, don't you agree?

I'm gonna post some pictures once I receive my RG351V.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds great. Let me know how RetroArch runs different systems on the Vita? I watched a YouTube video of someone testing Vita emulation recently and they were not very positive about it, saying many systems didn't emulate well. I wasn't convinced he knew that he was doing.

There are also some standalone emulators for some systems on Vita with trying, such as the N64 emulator DaedalusX64. You can also stream games from your PC, like Steam link, using an app called Moonlight.

When you look back at the hardware spec of the Vita it was quite cutting edge at the time. quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore (same as the iPad3), 512MB Ram and 128MB VRam, OLED touch screen etc. That was an amazing spec at the time, and other than the Ram still blows most of the recent retro handheld releases out of the water

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is DaedalusX64 already installed, but I was never really into N64 games, look weird.

Just installed ScummVM, gonna try that later. Finished putting my PSP games nicely into categories, now I'll check PSX. Still have 150GB left for more of the Vita games. Have still to try DC out.

I also watched a video where they showed that Vita emulation isn't the best, and I also don't need it that much on the Vita, as I have it running on many other systems. Although if it's already there, and doesn't take up too much space, I can also leave it. But I'm gonna let you know after doing some testing of different systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so far I only tested N64 and DC, N64 has serious problems running properly, big sound issues, and also graphical glitches, would definitely not recommend. And DC is almost non playable.

- - - Updated - - -

ScummVM works perfect and also Amiga, although not with WHDLoad .lha files, which are the only ones I have, nee .hdf files.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    And another thing I want to mention. Now that I have both Vita models, I can compare them. Visually not a lot is different, the weight indeed a bit, but it's no issue at all, kind of prefer the chunkier model, holding them in your hands feels almost the same. The only think I noticed while comparing is that the OLED screen is much much brighter and colorful and looks a lot better than the LCD one. I have brightness turned out to maximum, and when using the slim alone, it seems fine, but putting them next to each other makes a huge difference, I might take a picture. I know that the OLED should obviously better, but so far I only read comments that the LCD screen is also really nice and you wouldn't see the difference so much. Well I can tell it's definitely a big difference.

If I could only get one model, I wouldn't hesitate and get the first model all the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a picture of the PKGj app for the games.

Picture of the available games, EUR and USA only selected

On the right side you can see what's available

And when you chose a game, it will install the patch straight away if available

Same works for PSP, PSX, DLC...