Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amiga Demobase

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amiga Demobase

Hello,

I would like some help with configuring some demos.
    This is because i am working on a Amiga Demobase.

I have a working gemus script(gamebase) and i am
    working on this since a Month.

My first plan is to do a first Release with about 800 ADF Demos.
    A screenshot and cracking group.
    After that there's dms and exe so there's enough to work with i guess

Most of the demos work ok,it's just about 25 demos.

So in the coming days i will ask for some help.

It's a big job but it has to be done!

I have already done the vic20 gamebase some time ago and
    i already work on a c64 demobase(5400 entries).
    But...THIS Amiga demobase is my first priority.

I hope that you can help me.

Regards
    sjakie43

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, welcome to the board. I'm sure PG and Teho can help you out with some demos. Did you already take a look at our demo section on the main page (not yet finished though)?

I kinda like the Gamebase concept and have Gamebase64 running for myself. A C64 demobase is a great thing, would like to see something like that.

Are you working on this projects for yourself, or are you doing it for a dedicated site (GB64) or someone else?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello sjakie43 and welcome to classicamiga.

Your demobase Amiga demo project definitely sounds very good and will be of interest to many people, that is for sure.

If you are not currently working on this project in conjunction with any other site, would you been interested in combining resources? As we add new demos to our site database we could also share the data and screenshots with you to add into your demobase? And in return you could provide screenshots and data for other demos we haven't yet covered. This would speed up the process of adding the information into both.

In addition we could promote the demobase project on classicamiga to try and get more people interested in helping out with the project, as well as being able to host the final demobase files for download if you needed somewhere to host them.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,
    About the C64 Demobase:
    I am working alone on this one and could use some help!
    It has about 5400 entries(incl.file) and about 500 screenshots added so far.
    I don't have time at the moment to work on it.
    If you would like to help ?
    Or maybe someone you know?

Kind regards
    sjakie43

Hello,

I SURE would like to help this site to get more demo info online!

I have added 800 demos until now and i am currently testing
    and making screenshots.

I think this can be a GREAT project!

When we work as a team and others join in the effort this is COOL.
    I would really like to have a demobase section on this site.
    Kind regards
    sjakie43
    Last edited by sjakie43; 23rd April 2007 at 21:14. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you would like to help ?
    I would like to help, but I have a lot of work to do for the main site in the games section. We have added almost all commercial games, but media is still missing, like screenshots, audio, manuals, cheats aso. I'm currently working on the screenshots, which consumes enormously time and sadly have really no time to work on other projects now.

We already have a team working on the demo section and I'm sure they'd be glad if they can get some help.

I would really like to have a demobase section on this site.
    Go to our main site, and go to the demo section if you haven't been there already. So you can see what has already been done, and what's still missing.

Main site at www.classicamiga.com

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As Demon said, have a look at the main site's demo section to see what has been done so far and familiarise yourself with it. Teho and PG are the two main staff moderators responsible for the Demo Scene section so we will need to have a discussion to work out what everyone would like to do and how to approach it.

I too think this could work very well, and getting another member on board adding content will be very useful and really speed up the process and get many more great productions added into the site.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Demobase Amiga

Hello Again,

Well i have been thinking....

I think we need to set up a team for this demobase.
    I will first finish these 800 demos and then i need 1 or 2 people
    to check the demobase (tweak settings etc).
    Maybe one extra person to bring all this info to this site.
    I can't do this all by myself you know...
    I think it won't be a problem to find some volunteers?
    I need a few dedicated people offcourse.

I have time for this but i have a life also. hehe

Shall we discuss this by words or should we skype soon?

Work on this first release is 70% done.

Regards
    Sjakie43

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again sjakie43.

I would be willing to check the demobase and I'm sure some of the others here will also gladly lend a hand.

We definitely need to work out a plan on how we are going to do this. The main site has a live chat feature that we often use to discuss site content so we can all log into there to discuss this. But first we will need to get everyone together at the same time for that, so to begin with I will PM everyone I think will be interested in this project to see who wants to take part.

One of the key Demo Scene section moderators, PG, is currently without an internet connection until May as he has just moved, so as soon as he has his own broadband connection again I'm sure he will want to help out.

I was thinking that it will probably work well to cross reference the information between the demobase and the main site as it is being checked. That way we can add any productions or information about them that is missing from each entry for both the main site and the demobase.

I'm not sure of the best way to go about this so we will all need to discuss this.

So please post in this thread if you are interested in helping out with this project to expand and complete the demobase sjakie43 has been working on, and to cross reference its content with the site, sharing screenshots and other data between the two.

note: For the rest of this week I am working on site updates so will not be able to help until at least next week. I also have a lot of other updates and new sections planned for the main site so checking, updating and other demobase and site demo scene section work will need to be fitted in around all of this on my part.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure, I'd be willing to lend a hand with this. But as always, I only have time to work with the computer a few hours at most in the evenings, otherwise I'm usually busy with other things. But I'll give all the help I can.

Still need to update the demosection with the Breakpoint and Gathering results from this easter too. Will try to get that done by the end of the week.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Sjakie43,

I'm very interested in helping you out with your project. I will get a broadband connection in June, so until then I won't get too much done. Good luck with the projects!