Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad your friend recovered.

I think it's human nature to wonder if symptoms we experience mean we have 'it'. Both my wife and I had a small period of feeling unwell, but it was almost certainly something else

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone. So glad to see you are all currently OK. @DC glad you finally managed to stay at home. With your medical history you definitely need to to stay safe.

My wife and I are currently doing OK. Tom is at home trying to home school him, which is about 50% successful! lol

My wife is a teacher, so classed as a key/essential worker. But as she has asthma and diabetes her school gave her the option to self isolate even before the lockdown. Some teachers are still needed to go into school because of key-worker's children. All others are working from home using remote teaching programs. My son's school are posting links to work, but not supporting him or seeing any work he produces, which really annoys me. Whereas my wife's school are remote teaching them every day, expecting them to upload their completed work for marking throughout the day. They are even chasing children's parents when they don't submit anything.

My part time job at Royal Mail means I'm classed a key worker and still have to go to work. I work in a mail centre doing distribution, so not delivering the mail, o it feels a bit safer as I'm not dealing with the general public. But we still have idiot casual staff and some managers who don't take any notice of the 2m distancing. My other work in freelance design has dried up so it's just the RM job at the moment. It does mean I have time to do Tom's Math lessons at home and I'm getting a lot of the garden sorted out. Will be doing some more house renovation when it's raining.

My mother-in-Law has had suspected Covid19 for over 2 week now. She's housebound and 76 years old. We think she caught it from either her cleaner or careers who come in twice a week. She hasn't had breathing issues though. Just a constant headache, fever and a bit of a cough. Not sure if she's fully over it yet, but lucky to stay at home. We haven't visited though, just by phone.

I will update you all in another separate thread about where I have been lately.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ J T

The guy suffers with Asthma so he was perhaps one of the lucky lucky ones. - Deb & I are absolutely tickled for him & his Family.

@ H

Look forward to the update Harrison & good to see you around.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to finally hear something from you and know that everything is fine.

I got also a new job assignment, was added to a different system team, as they needed someone, and after being exactly 24 years (started 1st of may 1996) in system operations, I am now also doing (Tivoli) workload scheduling in the system. Analyzing jobs (programs) why the didn't run, if you can re-run, editing them and applications, running batch jobs, handling and scheduling basically everything that runs during the day/weeks/months and much more of that stuff. Have to work a bit on my programming skills again in JCL and REXX after 15 years of inactivity

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ D.C.

....they always say a "Change" is as good as a rest.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Glad to finally hear something from you and know that everything is fine.

I got also a new job assignment, was added to a different system team, as they needed someone, and after being exactly 24 years (started 1st of may 1996) in system operations, I am now also doing (Tivoli) workload scheduling in the system. Analyzing jobs (programs) why the didn't run, if you can re-run, editing them and applications, running batch jobs, handling and scheduling basically everything that runs during the day/weeks/months and much more of that stuff. Have to work a bit on my programming skills again in JCL and REXX after 15 years of inactivity
    JCL? REXX? Welcome to the club. Rexx not so much, i only did some basic stuff. But JCL is everyday.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    JCL? REXX? Welcome to the club. Rexx not so much, i only did some basic stuff. But JCL is everyday.
    For me it is just the opposite, don't really do JCL programming, more analyzing, just like at this moment, I have a job with JCL error, so I checked, found out that it was altered yesterday and that the job has an error in Step2 with a non found GDG and there's a wrong JCL statement. So I will now contact the programmer, I won't change it myself.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This cafe in Doncaster had a good solution to the recent toilet roll panic buying.

toilet_rolls.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're probably 2nd hand by now....

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This bench in Rotherham is an "Enviro crime scene":

enviro-crime-scene.jpg