Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

COVID-19

Hi.
    So, how is the situation in your country?
    Here in Portugal we have 331 cases and 0 deaths so far. But we got the 1st case quite late compare to other countries.
    Me and my Girlfriend, we are working at home. We have laptops with VPN connection, so is almost the same thing at being at the office. The population is trying to stay at home here, but there is a lot of stupid people that don't give a shxx and don't stay at home.
    Last Friday it was unbelievable, we were supposed to be in quarantine, and my local beach was full of people. Temperature went to 24 degrees celsius so it looked like summer.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking we were a bit overdue for a Coronavirus topic on here .

I think we have two confirmed cases in our town. Can't remember what its like across the country, but I know we have fewer than other places such as Italy.

Nothing has really closed here, but businesses are taking precautions, such as extra cleaning, and promoting hand washing.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have 81 cases and 1 death so far, status from yesterday. Everything is closed besides butchers, bakeries, supermarkets, banks, pharmacies and that stuff, restaurant and bars or open places are all closed. Border to Germany is closed, and the one to France is gonna close today at 12pm. Don't know about Belgium yet.

Last weekend, before Saturday people have been foraging supermarkets, and it even came to some disputes inside, toilet paper (?), flour and noodles (pasta) has literally been wiped off the shelves. I went Saturday afternoon, was a lot calmer and I got everything I needed. Had to go, as my girlfriend was in Finland until yesterday, so fridge was empty. Hopefully she will be fine, as yesterday after coming home she was so exhausted that she almost slept from the moment on she came home, that was around 3 o'clock in the afternoon, we'll see this morning when she wakes. And since beginning of January she has a new job at the Swiss UBS bank, and is on probation for 6 months. I wouldn't see a problem which they wouldn't employ her after that time, but she's really afraid now with the situation, as banks might again have to cut down people, and as she just arrived, well it would probably her.

I'm at work, asked for telework, but my idiot jealous division chef was like, I don't know, I need you here... and I asked for what?? As I'm still only working 4 hours until August because of my back, and I just come here to enjoy myself working on my retro games for LaunchBox, so basically for work I do nothing at all. One guy brings me one backup tape each morning which I store in a safe, that's all, plus my colleague is here too, he could do that so I could stay at home at least.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    I was thinking we were a bit overdue for a Coronavirus topic on here .

I think we have two confirmed cases in our town. Can't remember what its like across the country, but I know we have fewer than other places such as Italy.

Nothing has really closed here, but businesses are taking precautions, such as extra cleaning, and promoting hand washing.
    Did you not see the Prime Ministers Speech @ teatime yesterday Stephen? - Boris Johnson has put the UK in Lockdown.

Self isolation is already happening here in the UK, particularly in London where the count is highest for the UK with our current COVID19 curve. This curve is expected to reach Italy's count & officials are suggesting we are three weeks behind them. - UK was @ 53 deaths & 1543 reported cases this morning in the Telegraph newspaper.

Large gatherings of people are cancelled, Sports venues, theaters, cinemas, pubs, Clubs etc. - Over 70's to self-isolate for up to 4 months....

Here in Cornwall, our Local Electrical Suppliers no longer have Freezers for sale because they are sold out. - People are panic buying to the point one elderly Guy asked my partner in Tesco's, "Can you Freeze Eggs?". He put the two Dozen Eggs back when told no!
    Supermarkets are restricting Multi-buy items. Heinz Soups were available in quantity's of 6 or 4. Now only in 4's & some people are shopping twice/three times back to back to try and hoard....

Such a lot of selfishness, which sadly runs in line with Greed.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Such a lot of selfishness, which sadly runs in line with Greed
    Yes, true.
    I was looking at people here in supermarkets and thinking: this people are animals. But then i look at news around Europe and it's the same everywhere....
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have 36 more cases in 2 hours, totaling 140 now.

I took the rest of this week and next week off work, I still have loads of holiday, just gonna stay home for a while and wait.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post

Did you not see the Prime Ministers Speech @ teatime yesterday Stephen? - Boris Johnson has put the UK in Lockdown.
    No. I don't watch TV news anymore. Not that I would take Boris seriously anyway.

Define 'lockdown'? I've just been out for a walk and it looks like business as usual for many people round here. But not everyone; I'm seeing a counsellor tomorrow but she has decided to cancel appointments until further notice.

I did notice the pasta shortage in Tesco last week. I needed some as I was nearly out, and they had very little left. My Dad who works at Marks & Spencers says they have sold a lot of tinned stuff recently.

My Mother is currently on holiday in the Maldives. I don't know what the situation is like over there. Being small island might work in its favour, but having tourists visiting from many different countries, who have all been crammed on aeroplanes, probably doesn't help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Such a lot of selfishness, which sadly runs in line with Greed
    Yes, true.
    I was looking at people here in supermarkets and thinking: this people are animals. But then i look at news around Europe and it's the same everywhere....
    Ignorance springs to mind as well. - Could be another conspiracy thing (wouldn't be surprised) but for the rest of us, just take care with suitable precautions where & how we can, in an effort to stop it spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post

No. I don't watch TV news anymore. Not that I would take Boris seriously anyway.

Define 'lockdown'? I've just been out for a walk and it looks like business as usual for many people round here. But not everyone; I'm seeing a counsellor tomorrow but she has decided to cancel appointments until further notice.

<snip>
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...hool-closures/

There are many more suggestions in Google as well.

I understand all Schools in Cornwall are Closing on 20/03/20.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Schools are closing round here as well, and buses and trains are reducing their services. There are a few businesses which have closed or seriously cut back but most seem to be operating as normal.

I was in town today; the coffee shop was open as usual, the market traders and other food shops were open as usual, they even had small queues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    An hour ago, the UK has now got 5,683 people diagnosed with COVID-19 with 281 Deaths.

From here: https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...20-3?r=US&IR=T