Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God of War

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I started with God of War today, and have already 3 hours of gameplay. The game is really great, the first time I only tested it for 30 minutes. I'm definitely going to play it through to the end, if I can manage it.

Kratos is really GOD
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 23rd April 2007 at 11:22.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is definitely a very addictive game, the sequel even more so.

The gameplay is very fast paced with some amazing over the top fighting moves and amazing special effects. It is also very simple to pick up and grasp, and the difficultly level is well paced so you never feel like you can't complete an error unless you make some silly mistakes. I found that because the controls and gameplay as so easy to get into that these two games are extremely addictive.

The boss battles are great too, with some very well orchestrated set pieces and, much like a shoot-em-up or good platform game, you need to learn the movements and positioning of your character to effectively fight the enemies. Definitely one of the best action games on the PS2 to date.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is also very simple to pick up and grasp
    That was also what I felt, it's very easy to get into, never too complicated. Later you learn new combo moves, which are tougher to pull off in a intense combat, but you still can use the usual attacks which still work well.

The music does indeed work well, monumental at some points. Graphics are also imo best seen in any game so far, and the camera angle is almost perfect throughout the game.

The special moves you can do during boss fights, pressing the correct buttons or directions are also a great addition, and a great way to finish some tougher enemies or bosses off.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the timed attacks are a great feature and work well. It reminded me a bit of the fight games you had in Shenmue where you have to time key and direction presses with the on screen action. And if you get it wrong it doesn't instantly mean you die and have to start again, but just prolongs the battle, which in my view is a much better way of doing it.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    God dammit. I'm almost at the end of the game, and now at a certain place, where I must pass, it just hangs itself up. I saw that I had a bid scratch in the DVD, so I did a copy with error checking and it worked fine. But the copy does not work either. Aaaaaaargh.

I also saw that I only have the DVD5 of the game, and that there is a DVD9 release. Point is, I don't know if the save will work with another version than mine. So, if I d/l the DVD9 and the save doesn't work, I'm stuck.

Also I must d/l the NTSC version, I can try with the PAL version, and then convert the save into a PAL save with PS2sid2, but then again, will the copy work?

I also tested it in my slim PS2, same result.

Hear me Kratos, let me finish this off...

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that GOW 1 or 2? My GOW 1 is a DVD5 but my GOW 2 is a DVD9.

I remember reading that the DVD5 version of GOW 2 gets quite a way and then crashes.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    GoW 1 of course. But I also found a DVD9 of it, but the DVD5 does not seem to be ripped. I think that they said that it was only a DVD5, perhaps the DVD9 is a fake. I didn't find it on Usenet anymore, so now I have to wait for the torrents to finish

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a bit annoying. Did you still have the original ISO you downloaded for the DVD5 version? or did you just create the copy you tried from the scratched disc? If so then I would expect it to also fail as it is copying it exactly, including the errors in the scratched area. Sometimes such copies even pass cd checking/verifying but don't actually work.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you still have the original ISO you downloaded for the DVD5 version?
    Of course not, would be too good, I always delete my isos when I tested the game and it's working.
    or did you just create the copy you tried from the scratched disc? If so then I would expect it to also fail as it is copying it exactly, including the errors in the scratched area.
    Yeah, that's what I tried, and the copy finished without errors, but doesn't work.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do the same. It would take up too much room to keep all of the ISOs for every download. I tend to burn the disc, run it through CDCheck, then test the game on the PS2, and then make sure there are no scratches on the disc, then delete the original ISO.