Have a look here.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!

With every new generation it seems they are getting quicker at cracking the hardware and media. I don't expect it will take long before the Wii is completely cracked and the first games start to appear for download.

If they develop a soft mod or a mod chip that allows the Wii to run copied Gamecube and Wii games then it will definitely be high on my list of purchases.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they develop a soft mod or a mod chip that allows the Wii to run copied Gamecube and Wii games then it will definitely be high on my list of purchases.
    Same here. Would indeed be great if you can play your already existing GC copies on the Wii. Oz already bought a Wii, did not get much feedback from him though, haven't seen him since 1 week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Demon, you can already play GC games on the Wii. Unless you mean GC backups? From what i've gathered you can use an action replay disc from the GC to play backups, homebrew too.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vangar View Post
    Demon, you can already play GC games on the Wii. Unless you mean GC backups? From what i've gathered you can use an action replay disc from the GC to play backups, homebrew too.
    By "copies" I don't think he meant retail copies. More, um, copied retail copies or "backups" shall we say

I'm not surprised a game has already been dumped. I should imagine that is the easy part. Let's see them get it running on an actual console and then I will be interested in what they have to offer......

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Wii uses normal sized DVD discs, correct?

If so this will make it a much easier process for the cracking scene to get backups working with the system. The one thing that really stopped many from using backups with the Gamecube was the small custom GC discs. Unless you did a case mod it meant it was impossible to burn backups and run them, unless you had the rare Panasonic Gamecube!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, regular DVD sized discs. I'm not sure if they run back to front like the GCN discs were rumoured to (some believed the discs spun the opposite way to CD/DVD, but I heard that the discs were read from the outside edge to the inside edge).

Anyway, here's hoping for some interesting developments.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I've heard rumours from some that the Wii discs are also meant to spin backwards or something. Not sure if that is true though, and modded GC's could run burnt DVD-R's anyway, so it can be overcome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Wii is Class! I got one for xmas and wii sports is tops!

Be good to dl games! the software can run from the SD card no probs!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah, I forgot the Wii can use SD cards. That could be an easy way into the system for modding and soft modding! Also for getting external HD's working so downloaded software can be booted from that might be a possibility in the future. That is the problem when the consoles start to gain easy to exploit ports such as memory card and usb.