Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you looked at AutoBleem? Or are you still using Bleemsync? AutoBleem adds a much nicer front end and a lot of much nicer features, especially for PSX games, and you can add RetroArch to it by just putting its folder in the root of the usb stick. It even allows the built in games to be shown and accessible at the same time. It also adds four save state game slots per game.

Autobleem will solve your restarting issue as it configured L2 + R2 pressed together to reset the system.
    Last edited by Harrison; 22nd May 2019 at 07:03.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I was cleaning and sorting my sets basically, once again, so that I could add the to the PS Classic. So to answer your question, I’m not finished yet, but almost.

On the other hand I have tested most of the emulation, I think it runs fine, with f.ex. N64 not being the case, runs slow. For me the most annoying part is RetroArch itself, as it freezes quite often, when quitting a game f.ex. and you’ll have to restart the console, by pulling the plug, there’s no switch. So if you’re lying comfortably on the couch playing some games, and you have to get up to pull the plug after every 3rd game you tested, can get frustrating.
    Is there like an app controlled plug/socket you could get to manually cut power? Having to get up sounds like a right PITA of a first world problem that can only be solved by MOAR TECHNOLOGY

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still using Bleemsync, didn't know anything about Autobleem yet, thanks for mentioning it, might be the perfect solution to my problem. Definitely gonna check it out

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing I'm really glad about now. When I started renovating my house and did the electrics I replaced or added a lot of new double electric wall sockets, and I included a lot with 5V 3.1A USB ports built in. Originally to charge devices, but now I can utilise them without needing a power adapter for any mini consoles like the playstation classic and Snes Mini, and also the Amazon Echo. Really useful to add these usb wall sockets.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    One thing I'm really glad about now. When I started renovating my house and did the electrics I replaced or added a lot of new double electric wall sockets, and I included a lot with 5V 3.1A USB ports built in. Originally to charge devices, but now I can utilise them without needing a power adapter for any mini consoles like the playstation classic and Snes Mini, and also the Amazon Echo. Really useful to add these usb wall sockets.
    Who would have thought that some years ago.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So true. Especially for these mini consoles and things like Raspberry Pis, because none of them come with their own charger, with manufacturers assuming we all have spare ones from older phones.

When USB first appeared I really wasn't sure about the tech. Felt like going backwards. Initially so much slower than something like firewire.

And when these electric wall sockets with built in usb ports/ chargers appeared I really wondered what the point was just to charge your mobile.

But with USB 3 speed and now USB C's much easier connector it really is universal. Even Apple have finally given in and adopted it. The only annoying thing in my house is either the lack of USB C cables (my wife keeps breaking them.. how exactly do you snap the connector? ), or I only find a C cable when I want to charge an older USB mini based device. Must order some spares.

Regarding the wall sockets.. many still get caught out. The really cheap ones are only rated as 5v 2a, or even 5v 1a. These won't charge any current gen devices. The 5v 3.1A rated ones are the only ones to get. I also noticed some 4A ones on the market now, but the 3.1A seem to power all the devices I have tried. The irony is they are far cheaper then buying just a power adapter. Nintendo SNES mini charger is £19.99. A pack of 2 USB double plugs sockets are £15.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    But with USB 3 speed and now USB C's much easier connector it really is universal. Even Apple have finally given in and adopted it. The only annoying thing in my house is either the lack of USB C cables (my wife keeps breaking them.. how exactly do you snap the connector? ), or I only find a C cable when I want to charge an older USB mini based device. Must order some spares.
    I bought the new iPad Pro 12.9" and it's the only device so far which has the USB-C connector. And I can tell you how "they" break cables, they take them out just by pulling on the cable, no matter if it twists the cable or the connector. I have to buy spare ones from time to time too, as my wife also breaks them regularly. How many times did I tell her to take the connector, or plug in her hand and pull it out instead of just pulling on the cable, as she (they?) also do it with the normal 220V devices like the hover! I have to fix the sockets from time to time too, as she pulls it out of the wall

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know you two got married?

Back on subject ;-) UK plug sockets are very hard to pull out without taking the plug out correctly, so at least that's something. And regarding USB C, both our current mobiles and our tablets use it. It's definitely become the new standard.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops, did I say something wrong? Sometimes I say girlfriend and sometimes wife, as it's easier, but no, we're not married.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a few friends where English isn't their first language and they sometimes use Wife instead of girlfriend, so you are not alone. Could maybe get you into some hotwater with the misses.