I just bought a new beamer, the JVC X5500, 3-4 generations after mine. I wanted to buy it already since a bit longer, came out this year in January, also because I wanted to have a 4K beamer.

This newer model comes also with a lot higher luminosity, 1800 lumen, the 3D has changed drastically also, although I already thought that mine was nearly perfect, but mine was only the 2nd generation of 3D beamers, so a lot has happened in that section. This one also has eShift, which can make you 4K out of everything, but you can enable/disable it accordingly, depends if you like it or not, he said that some people f.ex. don't like it.

I will get it in 2-3 days, probably gonna pick it up on Saturday.

I then also bought a new mediaplayer, as my older Mede8er doesn't do 4K, so I bought the new Dune HD 4K HDR model, which I have already next to me, needs some time to set up, to work with my media library.

I bought the beamer where I always buy my HiFi stuff, the guy is a professional, and really is great in what he does, plus I get awesome prices there. The 5500 is actually 4.200€, without 3D glasses, one pair is 150€, and he sold it to me for 3.600€ plus 2 pairs of glasses. The Dune he just gave me now to test, didn't have to pay yet. Plus their support is absolutely fantastic. I also bought last time a new lamp from him, which he gave me for the reselling price of 300€, usually they're between 350€ and 400€.

So hopefully I can set it up the weekend and fully test it, somebody only has to help me lift it up, as that could be a problem lifting 20kg in the air Btw, the casing of the beamer is exactly the same than my older X30, nothing changed, and I think that's great, so I don't have to build another support.