Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I finished Far Cry 4 yesterday, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Did almost everything, every main mission, side mission, seizing camps, conquering fortresses, unlocking the bell towers, plus gathering stuff and discovering locations around, on a quite big map I have to say, was kinda surprised of the dimensions. Although it being an FPS, I enjoyed it more than I initially thought, once I got going, I wanted to discover more and more, and the gameplay was entirely enjoyable. Plus I always chose the stealthy path, which is more my cup of tea, and with an awesome Z93 sniper rifle, this was absolutely a lot of fun. Hunting animals was a lot of fun, although gruesome at some point, but hey, if you wanna survive (or craft a nice bag ), you have to go for it. The story was not it's strongest point, I liked the baddy Pagan Min, but the other 2 protagonists were quite pain in the ass, wanted to kill both at the end of the game, eventually ended up killing none of them, you will have the choice to kill only one though. I didn't like the decisions you had to make for them, as it did not really change anything, the choices were quite limited anyway. All in all, a solid 8/10 for me.

Yesterday I started with Mafia III, didn't know what to start, so I picked again a bit older one. And I must say, after 3-4 hours of playing, I enjoy it a lot. Can't remember all the bad comments the game got, but I have to say, again, it suits my way of playing very well. Sneaking is key in this game, although there's always the option of the guns blazing approach, which you have to do when you get discovered anyway. But both are fun and very well implemented. Whilst the sneaking and cover system is well executed, taking cover is easy and performing takedowns, lethal or non-lethal is easy to perform, the guns blazing version works very good too, although I must say I'm playing on easy, and put the aim assist on high, so you barely miss people you wanna shoot, nonetheless, it's pure fun. I can remember people ranting about driving around all the time, because there's no fast travel, and that could get a bit tedious, I did not encounter that so far, as I did not have to drive more than one minute to my next destination, plus on the way, you might come across other stuff like collectibles or gang hideouts so that you can stop shortly before continuing to your initial destination. The story is very good so far, I always like the hierarchy of the mob bosses, which you have to take down one by one, beginning from the bottom, and you will start yourself to control districts which you assign to your "captured" mini bosses who work for you then, so when seizing districts, money will flow into your pockets and you slowly diminish the main boss' power and influence.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a PS4 PRO this weekend
    The PS4 is that one with the new GT Sport game.
    I also bought Elite Dangerous with commander pack bla bla bla for PS4. 29,99 euros, nice price.

The new GT looks good.
    Elite looks the same as PC, but my laptop is old, i cant get good graphics.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. Did you own a normal PS4 before? Or this is your first?

What made you get it over the new Xbox One X? Personally I think you made the right choice! ;-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Been a while since I last visited CA! "You last visited: 29th June 2014 at 21:39" it says here :O

Everyone doing alright?

Have been quite busy lately, so I haven't found much time to play games at all. Plus, I think I've finally reached that stage in life where most games don't elicit that same sense of excitement in my anymore. Who woulda thunk' it?

Still, when I do find some time to game nowadays, it's on the PS4 (Pro). Mostly trying out indie games (which are surprisingly good, with very decent production values), or most recently, driving a few laps in Gran Turismo Sport.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharingan View Post
    Wow! Been a while since I last visited CA! "You last visited: 29th June 2014 at 21:39" it says here :O

Everyone doing alright?

Have been quite busy lately, so I haven't found much time to play games at all. Plus, I think I've finally reached that stage in life where most games don't elicit that same sense of excitement in my anymore. Who woulda thunk' it?

Still, when I do find some time to game nowadays, it's on the PS4 (Pro). Mostly trying out indie games (which are surprisingly good, with very decent production values), or most recently, driving a few laps in Gran Turismo Sport.
    Great to see you. I wondered where you were. I know that you mean about playing less games, although I do want to play more but don't have the time these days.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finished Mafia 3, in the end I quite liked it, but it's true that it gets tedious with the time, as basically you're doing the same stuff over and over again. But as I like playing stealth, every mission has a different kind of approach, although the goal is the same, the location is different, most of the time. Going in guns blazing is also fun, only caveat is that your character does not take a lot of bullets, definitely no sponge here, and as the AI is kinda stupid, when the notice you, all of them come running towards you together, which makes it easy when you're in a good cover, but once a bit in the open, you're doomed. Cover system is good though in my opinion. I also played the 3 DLCs, which were better, especially one which transports you to a jungle island, and it reminded me more like playing an FPS style game, infiltrating an underground base to retrieve a nuclear warhead from a submarine.

Started with Mantis Burn Racing, a top down racer, which is quite enjoyable, played it already a bit on the PC, but it's nicer on a big screen, also playable in HDR.

Yesterday I started with Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, a JRPG in the Digimon world, obviously. So far I like it, 3 hours in, graphics are PS2 like though, but that doesn't make it less enjoyable. First I thought it might be too childish, but the story is fine, you between the normal and cyber world, becoming a detective to investigate some kind of conspiracy. Turn based combat, which is welcome for a change. You can collect 250 Digimons, which you can also evolve in 3 stages, to make them bigger and stronger. Where the 1st stage of them looks like cute little "monsters", already stage 2 makes them look fiercer, which I appreciate, don't misunderstand, still no Bloodborne here You can also train them, deinvolve, fuse, move, take apart, etc... Long time I didn't play a JRPG, so hopefully this one can keep up with the pace.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only thing I'm playing at the moment are the recently release SEGA classics games on my phone. Most are Megadrive ports but some are arcade or Dreamcast (Crazy Taxi) based.

Well done and work well on Android but you can't beat real controls as I'm having too many control issues using touchscreen. At least the games are all free.

Worst game to control using the screen was when i tried that free Google Pacman that is included in phones now and available in browsers. You swipe the screen anywhere to change his direction. Really hard to turn corners and you get stuck easily. You really need a stick for the proper "turn before the corner" technique.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s why playing Android games on the Shield is quite nice, you can play them with a controller which is a LOT more convenient. Asphalt 8 f.ex. plays quite nice like that way. The controller is also really good, can’t complain.

Btw, one of my PS4 controllers is quite broke, X button refusing to work sometimes, plus the left directional thumb stick tends to go left. It’s my first controller, so I bought a new one, and I ordered the Gran Turismo Sport version, looks quite nice, at least a bit different than a normal one.

I also still have my SCUF Impact one, but I don’t use it so much, not that’s not good, but I always completely forget to take it.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to have a Sony Xperia Play and that was great for Android gaming with the built in controller.

I still have it but it's stuck on Android 2.3 so not much use these days. Also limited by that OS to only installing games on the limited 16gb internal storage so you couldn't fit many on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Started Forza Horizon 3 yesterday and I must say it looks absolutely gorgeous in HDR!! Wow, but also not to forget about the game itself, it’s just great to play, awesome racing game.

I also got the 2 DLCs, Blizzard Mountain which looks even better with snow and ice shining in the early morning sun, and the Hot Wheels one, which is pure fun, rarely that I played something fun like this since a long time.