Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

What are you playing?

I just open a thread to see what people are currently playing, and if they like and it's worth getting or not. There has not been a thread about this yet.

As perhaps many of you know, I own basically almost every AAA game that exists for PS4, but don't always have time to play, besides now. I can name you the games I don't have, which are not many, but are the ones I wouldn't play because of it's difficulty, because I consider myself still as a casual gamer, who plays all kind of games, besides fighting games like Street Fighter style, and games that I definitely don't have the patience to play are Dark Souls series, Bloodborne or the newer Nioh. I would probably smash my controller.

I don't mention sports games here, as I play them from time to time, this would include FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA 2k, MLB The Show, Rocket League and even the Lacrosse game from Casey Powell.

Yesterday I finished Inside, which is the follow up game to Limbo, which I already enjoyed a lot, and the same counts for Inside, a really good although short platformer with puzzling, great artwork also. Definitely a recommendation.

Played Unravel, but only for a short time, nice game, but not my cup of tea, I'm not the platformer anyway, sometimes I try, but get bored quite fast. I bought the game for under 5€, so that's fine.

Finished Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, which was ok, kept me busy for 1 week or so, nothing special, PS2/3 era graphics, but dialogue is funny, and gameplay is "oldish", so I liked it.

Currently I'm playing Hand of Fate, which a like quite a bit, card based RPG, also available on PC, but again, I got it very cheap, and it keeps me busy. A game that you can leave alone a bit, and then start it up again from time to time, nothing I would play straight for a whole afternoon.

I kinda like all the open world games, the only "problem" with them, is that they keep you busy for quite a long time, so I try to not play several of them simultaneously. I fall way behind, and have still some many of them to play, waiting patiently on my shelf, still wrapped in plastic.

At the moment I'm still playing Horizon: Zero Dawn, and I must say, I really enjoy it, great game, great nice looking open world and very addictive. I'm a bit over 20 hours in, and I'm still having a lot of fun.

I'm also playing Final Fantasy XV, but I put it away once, picked it up again, but now I put it away again, because I'm playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm around level 55 Final Fantasy XV, chapter 12 and I have to say that I also like it, not THE game, but it's quite enjoyable. But for me I think this is also a game that you can easily put aside for some months, and then pick it up again and continue, as it's not very difficult and after 5 minutes of playing, you're again into it. So it can still wait a bit.

I probably forget about some other games now, but I will keep you updated. But right now, I'm going back to Horizon: Zero Dawn

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also played Horizon: Zero Dawn, nice game. For now, not playing anything on PS4. On PC played a bit of Cities XXL, very good simcity style.
    I am starting to invert from playing to creating games. I am doing with a friend a game for Android using Unity. A lot of work but i hope in the end you enjoy it.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just got hold of the rpg Shiness. I've been really looking forward to this since last year. Should have time next week to give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought Shiness too, but also still have to try it. Might take longer though before I try it.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm playing Shiness right now actually. Backed it on kickstarter for it's art style and novel combat system. It's off to a slow start though but that's apparently a common complaint and it's supposed to get much better if you just give it time. It also isn't very long. One reviewer said he used about 15 hours to get to the end, but reviewers tend to go through games faster.

I've recently played Darksiders Warmastered Edition and LEGO The Hobbit. Darksiders was a pretty average God of War clone, and the lego game was a lego game. You know what you're getting with those.

I still play Elite Dangerous off and on. It was just updated to v2.3 last week, called The Commanders. This is a mostly multiplayer update which I don't really care about, it allows several players to fly in the same ship, taking up helm and gunner roles and so on. It also introduced a character creator, supposedly one of the most detailed ones ever seen. I haven't looked at it yet.

I started Dirt Rally a few weeks ago but haven't continued with it. Not sure if I will. It certainly is a very good rally game, but it's obvious to me you need to dedicate a lot of time to it to be any good at it. Very hard. I'd still like to play it more, we will see.

I keep a log of my gaming acitvity over at Backloggery, which you can also see in my sig by the way. I've a lot of unfinished games there, but that's because I decided to use this as a complete list of my games collection excluding rom-sets. Still, there is a disturbingly large number of games I've bought that I still have never even played. I blame Steam sales.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought Darksiders Warmastered Edition, it was quite cheap, and also got LEGO City Undercover, came finally out for PS4.

I also played The Sexy Brutale, quite good. It's a crime solving/puzzle game, with a very unique and beautiful artwork. It's also quite engaging, solved two murders, already stuck at the 3rd. It's time based, so you always have 12 hours to solve the crime, then the time resets, and you're playing the same 12 hours again, so you have to investigate stuff, which you can do next time around, very interesting. Got also good reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    I also played Horizon: Zero Dawn, nice game.
    Did you finish it? Is it nice until the end?

Which level were you? I'm currently level 27 but still having problems sometimes finishing level 20 quests. Some machines are just tough to bring down, especially in herds.

Do you have a good tip for me, like which weapon mods work best or which skills are most useful, although I almost got already most skills.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes i finish it. I can't remember the level but something like 40. I could be wrong.
    The game is very good till the end. I found that every battle is different, i tend to fight always in a different way. Using a lot of traps can really makes things easier. Every enemy i went to the menu to see what was his weakness, and tend to fight that. I love to put wires around me, a lot of time i put a triangle of wires, before e fire at an enemy. And some enemies i put 5 wires in each side. I fired an arrow to attract them, and let them come into the wires, then always running around the wires that didn't trigger so that enemies would fall into them. In skill tree i went first for the direct confrontation (can't remember the word in English), but is the thing that gives you more power in melee combat.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post

I still play Elite Dangerous off and on. It was just updated to v2.3 last week, called The Commanders. This is a mostly multiplayer update which I don't really care about, it allows several players to fly in the same ship, taking up helm and gunner roles and so on. It also introduced a character creator, supposedly one of the most detailed ones ever seen. I haven't looked at it yet.

I started Dirt Rally a few weeks ago but haven't continued with it. Not sure if I will. It certainly is a very good rally game, but it's obvious to me you need to dedicate a lot of time to it to be any good at it. Very hard. I'd still like to play it more, we will see.

I keep a log of my gaming acitvity over at Backloggery, which you can also see in my sig by the way. I've a lot of unfinished games there, but that's because I decided to use this as a complete list of my games collection excluding rom-sets. Still, there is a disturbingly large number of games I've bought that I still have never even played. I blame Steam sales.
    A couple of people I know like playing multiplay and have been playing Elite a bit so we might try out the multiplayer ship addition soon. Could be fun. I will let you know.

You also have the recent additions for engineering which I've yet to explore and also expansion of the planet surface gaming which I'm going to try some more next.

Regarding Dirt Rally. It's definitely more for the sim fan than the arcade fan. Stick with Dirt 3 for the easier arcade racing style. And Dirt 4 is announced so look out for that.

I totally agree regarding Steam sales. So many games in my account I've never even installed, let alone play. Grab them when in Steam sales from my wishlist for the future as you can get some great 85% discounts sometimes. But also collected a lot from charity bundles. Many games in those I might never play, but normally worth grabbing for the ones included which I will play.

I really need to find more time to actually play games. Since moving house 18 months ago (how time flies) it is still a massive project. We have done so much to the house and gardens already, but still so much left to do.. Open fireplace in living room and a wood burner in the dinning room both installed. Kitchen completely gutted out and replaced, some building work at the rear to join the outside toilet inside the house, electrics needed updating in all rooms (moving wall sockets from being mounted on the skirting to being chased into the walls), utilities plumed into the garage as a utility for washing machine, tumble dryer etc.. Also just refurbished one of the garden sheds and the other still to do. Still clearing the overgrown garden in the woods and finding things. So much to do. I need for hours of daylight in each day!!! and less gaming withdrawal symptoms!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Yes i finish it. I can't remember the level but something like 40. I could be wrong.
    The game is very good till the end. I found that every battle is different, i tend to fight always in a different way. Using a lot of traps can really makes things easier. Every enemy i went to the menu to see what was his weakness, and tend to fight that. I love to put wires around me, a lot of time i put a triangle of wires, before e fire at an enemy. And some enemies i put 5 wires in each side. I fired an arrow to attract them, and let them come into the wires, then always running around the wires that didn't trigger so that enemies would fall into them. In skill tree i went first for the direct confrontation (can't remember the word in English), but is the thing that gives you more power in melee combat.
    I finished today.

It got a lot, meaning a LOT easier when I got the Weaver outfit, I knew that you needed the 5 power cells to be able to retrieve it, and the last one you only get with one of the last missions. So I just concentrated on the missions, got my last power cell, and got that frickin armor, wow, amazing. You're almost invulnerable. With that outfit, I finished fighting a Thunderjaw without taking ANY damage, 0!!!

The game gets quite easy after that, so I finished all side missions, errands and that stuff, then I took on the final mission with level 42 (funny). I still leave it installed, as with this open ending I will wait for DLC.

Did you do the hunter's missions? I didn't. Thought they might be too tricky, plus you don't need them.

And again, I can only highly recommend the game.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't do much of the hunter's missions. Also those collectible artifacts that you can sell to merchants, well i was never able to find anyone to sell them.
    A500 - A600 - A1200