Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember it's an updated version of a PS2 game. They didn't want to altar the controls or game mechanics, just update the visuals and audio.

Loved this game when it originally came out. ICO too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember they were proud of their horse AI. The controls seem sluggish because you do not directly control the horse, but rather give him signals with the reins and feet like a rider and the horse responds accordingly. It may for example be unwilling to do what you want for some reason or other. Whether or not this was a good idea design-wise is up to individual opinion I guess. It's been too many years for me to recall clearly how frustrating it could be.

The hold-button-to-grab thing was a bad idea even then however.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quite a few games used the hold to grab mechanic. Didn't Tomb Raider use it? Definitely annoying. Once you grab hold the character should just stay there.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tomb Raider didn’t.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Continued eventually with The Witcher 3, I saw that my last game save was from September 2016, long time ago. I'm almost finished with the game anyway, but I also have the 2 DLCs Blood & Wine and Hearts of Stone which I didn't play yet. Was nice to get back to the game, as I really enjoy it, and with a lot of updates since, it is even a nicer experience.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blood and Wine is really good. Should play it last since it is a good ending to the whole game. But if you're not going to play everything then at least play that one.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Witcher 3 is deservedly stated as one of the greatest RPGs.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Started and finished Shadow of the Colossus. Having mixed feelings about this. Whilst the game is ok, hunting down colossi is entertaining and rewarding, I kind of miss something else around. Empty world, nothing else to do, finished the game in 5 hours only. Well sort of, didn't finish the last one, as the 3rd time I fell off him, I almost smashed my controller, and the 4th time I quit and uninstalled the game, rage quit par excellence.

It looks beautiful, it's calming to play, but what is the most annoying, is the controls, for everything. The horse is less maneuverable than a 100 ton tank, honestly, no one of the developers play Red Dead Redemption before? The controls for the boy are cringe worthy, never had so much problems jumping around without falling off the next ledge. And why the hell do I have to hold the R2 button all the time when climbing somewhere, otherwise he falls off. I understand it's for grabbing, when you mount a colossi, but otherwise. Again, nobody ever played Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed? And the camera is a nightmare too, turning it around constantly to have a proper view, when climbing colossi not very helpful.

I would rate the game barely a 6 out of 10, and I'm gonna sell it straight away. I just should have played the PS3 version, that one would have been for free, plus I wouldn't even have spent 5 hours. Point.

Similar feels, man. I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus too - I never played it in the PS2 era.

The graphics on PS4 are great, the scenery beautiful and I dig the art style. The lonely, melancholy atmosphere is very well done and I have felt like a jerk killing these magnificent beasts but have also found it a thrill to best them in battle. I have mixed feelings about the game itself. I find it a mix of boring and exciting, and it's a bit of a chore I just want to get over. That being said, I just got up to the last guy and that does feel really epic... but I fell off when he had but a sliver of life left and I was too tired to continue. I'll get him tonight.

The toughest enemy has been the camera I feel. Flaming thing. I liked the horse tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Started and finished Shadow of the Colossus. Having mixed feelings about this. Whilst the game is ok, hunting down colossi is entertaining and rewarding, I kind of miss something else around. Empty world, nothing else to do, finished the game in 5 hours only. Well sort of, didn't finish the last one, as the 3rd time I fell off him, I almost smashed my controller, and the 4th time I quit and uninstalled the game, rage quit par excellence.

It looks beautiful, it's calming to play, but what is the most annoying, is the controls, for everything. The horse is less maneuverable than a 100 ton tank, honestly, no one of the developers play Red Dead Redemption before? The controls for the boy are cringe worthy, never had so much problems jumping around without falling off the next ledge. And why the hell do I have to hold the R2 button all the time when climbing somewhere, otherwise he falls off. I understand it's for grabbing, when you mount a colossi, but otherwise. Again, nobody ever played Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed? And the camera is a nightmare too, turning it around constantly to have a proper view, when climbing colossi not very helpful.

I would rate the game barely a 6 out of 10, and I'm gonna sell it straight away. I just should have played the PS3 version, that one would have been for free, plus I wouldn't even have spent 5 hours. Point.

Similar feels, man. I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus too - I never played it in the PS2 era.

The graphics on PS4 are great, the scenery beautiful and I dig the art style. The lonely, melancholy atmosphere is very well done and I have felt like a jerk killing these magnificent beasts but have also found it a thrill to best them in battle. I have mixed feelings about the game itself. I find it a mix of boring and exciting, and it's a bit of a chore I just want to get over. That being said, I just got up to the last guy and that does feel really epic... but I fell off when he had but a sliver of life left and I was too tired to continue. I'll get him tonight.

The toughest enemy has been the camera I feel. Flaming thing. I liked the horse tho.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been playing a lot of Minecraft lately. I did play it a bit when it was first released about 10 years ago, but back then it felt like there wasn't much to do, or I didn't quite get the reason for playing it.

Fast forward to now and my 7 year old son really wanted to play it. He'd been watching a YouTube channel called Greg's World where initially the father and son were building Lego together, but then they started trying to play Minecraft together.

Tom had a little Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet for Christmas (Great little tablet for £49). I tested it out and it runs Minecraft OK, so set it up for him. We wanted to play in the same world together, so I looked into setting up a local server to run a LAN world, but his tablet kept disconnecting. So I tested out using the Realm servers and that worked really well, so I now subscribe for a realm server so it's running full time online. The advantage is Tom sometimes stays at his Granny's house so can access the realm world there too.

My wife then got a bit jealous of us playing it without her, so I had to spend ages setting up an account for her, and she's now addicted. Lol. And I have to admit it is a very addictive game that starts off seemingly quite simple, but you quickly start discovering more and more things to do. From building, mining, making a furnace, then discovering you can make glass windows and doors.. though to finding out you can become a farmer, ride horses, find and develop villages etc.. then you discover redstone and the ability to make circuits to activate tasks. Minecart setups. And then you have obsidian and portals to the Nether.

For me it began getting addictive when deciding to build a castle on a mountain I discovered, that had a nice oak forest and lake next to it, plus lots of useful resources nearby. It started off as a single fairly tall castle, but modest. It's now grown a bit out of control! Lol. It's basically now the whole mountain as towers, battlements, rooms and etc. I've minecarts running right though the mountain to a distant place. I've even built an aquarium and trying to catch different types of fish. It's addictive!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I played Balrum in Pc in April, cool RPG, very old school.
    Now i am playing Avernum I. Very cool.
    Still waiting for Subnautica 2 and Kerbal Space Program 2
    A500 - A600 - A1200