Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Started with Assassin's Creed Unity, only played for 2 hours so far, not bad, will have to see how it continues.

Started Forza Motorsport 7 this morning, only got my free cars and checked everything else out, didn't race once yet.

Played FIFA Street for 2 days now, almost finished with my World Tour, I really enjoy this game, this I would like to see re-released on new generation consoles with some stuff added, would be amazing.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's something quite funny with games like racing and more so for RPGs. You load the game and realise hours later you are still fiddling around with character creation or deciding which car and setup you want. Not a bad thing but with some games it can make it over complicated to decide the best way to begin. I tend to spend way too much time over analysing every option, worrying about how it will effect the game.

In some ways I prefer to be thrown into a game with an initial default car or character and you get to adjust and make changes later once you have the game's basics sussed.

Best for being thrown in at the deep end was Star Wars Force Unleashed where you start off as Darth Vader decimating the Wookie homeworld, with every in-game skill unlocked. Then the game jumps forward in time to your actual character and have to start with basic skills. It gives you a thirst for everything you can do so you want to build your character up to obtain everything. Quite like that approach.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually don’t like the being thrown in approach, it’s often too overwhelming, plus I like taking my time to fiddle around and mess with all the possibilities I get. Have to mention that I didn’t have much time this morning, that’s why I didn’t want to only make one race to stop right after straight away, I wanted to check something, bought the ultimate package, so I was curious which cars I got for free. Thus I was just browsing every single menu to be ready straight away the next time I actually start playing.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I like Unity a lot, I would even say that I like it better than Black Flag. Whereas Black Flag had islands with little housing, although some cities with less dense housing, Unity features a HUGE city of Paris, which is absolutely gorgeous and so detailed, if I'm correct they built it together 1:1, so that the distances in the game match the ones in real life.

I liked the sailing part in Black Flag in the beginning, later on, it was more like a chore, and battles on the open sea got tiring, sailing was quite a big part of the game, for me, too big. In Paris though, you get the real feeling again of free running, which is pure fun. The city is really nicely done, my girlfriend was even amazed of how accurate they rebuilt everything, and how much time this must have consumed. Plus Unity has really this RPG side with skill, boost, weapon, gear upgrades.

The only thing that bothers me a bit are the looooong loading times, when you fast travel, or die and restart, it takes 30-40 seconds to load, which is way too long.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm...... I'm..... I'm playing a game - Thimbleweed Park.

It's an old-school style point from Ron Gilbert, and it works very well on my (work's) iPad - available on other devices also.

I'm hooked, having blasted 9 hours since I downloaded it on Thursday evening. It's funny, interesting story and characters. As a point-and-click it has those same strengths and those same familiar weaknesses. One very nice new feature is that you can make it highlight the interactive-points on screen, so no more sweeping across the screen for a single pixel item to pick up. Being able to switch between multiple characters has also lead to some cool puzzle solving moments.

Very much enjoying it so far, although I found that I was breezing through all the simple puzzles first, and then after about 8 ish hours found myself wandering around fumbling through some of the header/more contrived puzzles.

Well worth 15 bucks, that's the price of a cinema ticket and I've got way more out of it.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can definitely also recommend Thimbleweed Park. It's a great callback to the point'n'clicks of old. Full of references that guys our age will appreciate, and of course the odd mischievous stab at Sierra.

I backed this on kickstarter so I'm in the phonebook and can even be called if you dial 4152.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    I can definitely also recommend Thimbleweed Park. It's a great callback to the point'n'clicks of old. Full of references that guys our age will appreciate, and of course the odd mischievous stab at Sierra.

I backed this on kickstarter so I'm in the phonebook and can even be called if you dial 4152.
    The additional content, like the phone and the text books, are a nice touch indeed. I shall call that number

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tried different stuff.

Obliteracers, a little cart racing game à la Mario, did get average reviews, Metacritic 70%, and I played it for like one hour, then I got bored quite quickly and stopped, as races are samish all the time, plus they can be very long, thus even more boring. Deinstalled the game, only caveat is that I payed 13€ for it, I thought it must have been less.

Flatout 4: Total Insanity, like you probably know, the latest installment of the Flatout series, bought it for 15€, just imagine it was full price when it came out. Played some races, was fun, but again, gets really boring after one hour, plus the difficulty already in the second racing series is elevated. In the first series I managed to come in almost first all the time, 2nd series it's last or second last, the AI is just ridiculously ferocious and bangs you around all the time, so that the races always result in a luck competition, nothing to do with who's the best driver, really annoying. Plus the mini games, which were always quite fine in the Flatout series, suck in this one. No content either, shallow product, avoid.

Trials Fusion, you know it, the trial bike simulation. I only played one of the predecessors on the PC, didn't like it at that time, but I must say, this one is fun. Tends to get super difficult later, but nonetheless you have some great fun time with it. Loads of online tracks for download (actually more than 150.000). Girlfriend watched me play, then she wanted to join, so we played local multiplayer and laughed a lot. She got even quite good after 30 minutes only, so it was a great competition and great fun to play together.

Also started playing Forza Motorsport 7, and it's very good, obviously, I guess thousands of reviews won't lie. It's quite tough though, I knew this was not an arcade racer, and as I never play simulation racing games, it can get tricky. But you have many options for assists in steering, braking and so on, so I have some of them activated, more or less.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Trials Fusion is a great game. Especially multiplayer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I noticed there's quite a limited track selection in multiplayer though.