Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I stopped now with Mordor, played 19 out of the 20 main missions, the last one is still locked, as you need to build your own army. And there's exactly where I have my problems at the moment. I brand captains to fight against other captains and become warchief, which I also managed once, but then when there was the fight of "my" warchief against another one, mine lost the battle, thus you have to start over again. I had several captains branded, but some then lost again against others, which always left me without having anything left. The procedure is quite time consuming, plus it's not an easy task to do, as battles against warchiefs bring also 2 captains plus many followers, and it's quite tough to get rid of them. Warchief alone is fine, but not in superior numbers. So I just thought to leave it like this, had a good time with it, and I will now do something else.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Started with Infamous: Second Son, also always wanted to play it, as I enjoyed the first quite a bit, although it got boring quite fast (the 1st). I remember to liberate one of the 3 islands from all the baddies, went to the second island, and everything started with the same things over again, so I stopped. Only tested the 2nd one if it was working, but never really played it.

So far it's good, but I get already the feeling that I played it for longer than I have, very similar to the 1st, only with different powers. Reminds me also a lot of Prototype, as you have to clean the different sectors of the city from "police" like guys, and wipe out their HQs, which is VERY similar to Prototype. Plus Prototype for me had better powers, Infamous' are not so impressive, well at least at the moment, don't have them all yet, only played for about 3 hours so far.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got bored of both Prototype and Infamous quite quickly and never finished them. After the initial fun as you say it all got very similar and boring. It's the danger of an open world.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't finish any of them either. Played a bit more now, and it's still enjoyable, got different powers, played a bit more of the story, that's less boring, just wonder how long it will stay interesting before it gets tedious and I'll stop playing.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finished Batman Telltale Series yesterday, liked it a lot, same like Borderlands or The Walking Dead series, good easy peasy games, relaxing to play, with a somehow nice story.

Started to play Abzu, nice one, not so much a game, but it's sheer beauty is breathtaking, and I quite enjoy the journey (no pun intended).

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just grabbed the Telltale Batman game as part of the Telltales Humble Bundle. Looking forward to playing it.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finished Infamous: Second Son, and I must say, in the end, I quite enjoyed it, better than the previous installments. It's not that long as an open world game, but that's fair enough, I wouldn't spend more time in it, as it might then become tedious, which it was not, which is a good point.

Started playing Rebel Galaxy, had a bit problems the first 30 minutes, figuring out the controls for shooting, didn't quite get the system, but once I got it, it was easy. Also in the beginning your ship is very weak, so I died whilst finding out how I would shoot my enemies properly, as my shield was not the best. But you get enough money in the beginning to upgrade your ship during side quests, so you can upgrade your ship, which already helps a lot.

Played also NBA 2K16 for a bit, finished the story and continued playing with my character. Nothing to tell here, good basketball game, that's it.

Also finished Abzu some time ago, was good, a bit short, but a nice experience. Good to play in the evening before hitting the sack.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I kinda like Rebel Galaxy, it's true that the side missions are very repetitive, but you need to do them in order to get some money, but they're also not quite long to finish. Other strange thing is that the combat is 2D, not real 3D, meaning you can move left and right, but not up and down, which doesn't give you any real feeling of being in a dogfight chasing around enemies.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finished Pyre after only 2 days, and it's ok, gets a bit tedious after a while. You basically "play" about 30 games, then you finish the story, which after 1 hour I couldn't care less. There's a lot of reading to do, about 70% of the game consists in reading text dialogue, about some story which gets uninteresting with time, probably only because you have to read so much, and at some point, you just don't want anymore reading, but you wanna play. The artwork is very beautiful, and the music also fits perfectly. I played the game on easy, and won 28 of my 30 games. The games itself are quite fun, but also getting a bit repetitive, as later you have to play against the same opponents to free your exiles. I wanted to stop at some point, but then I noticed that I'm only 6-7 games away from the finale, so I kept going. I would rate in a 6.5/10.

Tested NBA Live 18 from EA and NBA2K18, both have demos on the PSN, as I still have NBA2K16 and I change only after 2 years or more, don't buy the releases every year. NBA2K18 got a lot better reviews, but some mentioned that EA's title has a better story mode, which I play anyway more, and I must say that my choice is indeed NBA Live 18, you can play the whole beginning of the story in the demo, plus keep your created character. The gameplay is also good, perhaps not as strong as in NBA2K18, but still very enjoyable.

Gonna get Madden 18 too, as I still have 16, plus 18 has now also an integrated story mode, gonna skip NHL 18, I have 16, but apparently it hasn't changed that much, and is quite disappointing, and I'm gonna get FIFA 18, I have 17, but the story mode from 17 continues in 18, and I enjoyed that a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Started with Far Cry 4 now, as 5 is coming out soon

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Far Cry 4 was pretty good. My favourite is still the first though. Have you also played Farcry Primal?

Regarding sports titles and not changing much. This is also a huge issue in car racing games. The Codemaster F1 games hardly changed at all for years. Thry have brief success with the 2013 release but then went dien hill, even cutting a carrier mode or off the game. But the 2016 release was a return to form. Mainly due to much complaining by fans they finally stepped up and started actually working on them again with some actual passion for the sport, rather than just a cash in. The new one for this season is meant to be good too.

Tempted to get the new Project Cars 2. But such games are really only for the true car enthusiast and racing fan as they are now simulation them arcade racer.