Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the UK it does at least. Shows as UHD next to listings.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Checked Netflix yesterday, on every show it shows HD, no UHD listed.

Took the HDD out of the PS3 now and tested it with HD Sentinel, which gives me this alarming message:

Failure Predicted - Attribute: 5 Reallocated Sectors Count, Count of sectors moved to the spare area. Indicate problem with the disk surface or the read/write heads.
    There are 2047 bad sectors on the disk surface. The contents of these sectors were moved to the spare area.

Replace hard disk immediately.

It is recommended to backup immediately to prevent data loss.

I made a backup yesterday, and I have a 2TB HDD lying around here, so I'm gonna put that in now. Backup took a bit over 9 hours though, have around 150GB of PSN games installed. Wanted to install that HDD already, was too lazy, because if I remove some of my games, I won't need external HDD anymore.

EDIT: Ok, just got to know that the PS3 doesn't support 2TB disks I ordered now the smallest possible 320GB for 35€.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 9th May 2017 at 11:58.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really? I didn't know that. Have a 500GB in mine at the moment.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put the old 60GB back in now to test if it was the HDD, and indeed it was. I never f.ex. could start Diablo III, it always froze already in the menus. Tried with 4 different versions, always with the same result. Now was the first time I could actually play. Also tried FIFA Street, as I really want to play it, and it's running since 1 hour now without any problem. So I guess it was indeed the HDD, good intuition

- - - Updated - - -

Played and finished Virginia yesterday, it's an Ok adventure, more like a walking simulator, as it plays almost by itself. Interesting visuals, nothing too special, and the story throughout the end gets confusing and forgettable.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good it was only the HDD.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Played and finished Virginia yesterday, it's an Ok adventure, more like a walking simulator, as it plays almost by itself. Interesting visuals, nothing too special, and the story throughout the end gets confusing and forgettable.
    If you like walking simulators, you must play Firewatch. It's magnificent.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I second Firewatch, it's a beautiful thing.

I've been playing Strafe the last couple of days. This is a 90s inspired first person shooter reminiscent of Quake in style first and foremost. It is also a rogue-like, in that the levels are randomly generated but this is the most intelligent random generation I've seen yet. Everything seems like it was designed by a person still. The game has 12 or something levels to beat and is really freaking hard, and there's of course permadeath. No saving or checkpoints. I really like the game but it may be too hard for me, I've yet to get past level 3. There's some luck involved, you find powerups for your gun along the way and you can get some really good ones. Also you can craft armour on workbenches throughout, so it is not so impossible. Just need to warm up those 90s reflexes again.

Tonight I'm going to buy Polybius on the PS4. It's a new Jeff Minter game, and if you've seen one of those you know what kind of game this is. It's been getting very favourable mentions around the web so I'm eager to try it.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I watch a video about Polybius gameplay. It looks very arcade. Something like 80s arcade machine with modern graphics... and VR.
    I like to try those games, mas my problem is that after 1 or 2 hours i tend to gave up. Ability games are not my style. And this one looks to fast, my skills are far away from what they were in 80s/90s...
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jeff Minter games are always similar in style. Fast moving lightshows of arcade multi direction shooting action about sums most of them up. They are the kind of games you find a flow and rhythm in to succeed. His most famous game is out course Tempest, but my favourite was always Gridrunner. I've not tried this new one so will take a look. Is it PS4 only or PC too?

An interesting fact. I used to work with one of his best friends, a Norwegian airbrush illustrator called Steinar Lund, whom created the cover and poster artwork for a lot of famous 16bit games, such as Return of the Jedi and F15-II, plus Jeff's games. He sometimes still meets up with him at retro gaming conventions, and afaik Steinar still owns all the originals for the gaming artwork. Quite cool.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I absolutely loved Firewatch, one of the best games from last year. I played through in one go, started in the evening and didn't manage to put the controller away, so sadly after 4-5 hours, the journey was already over. But definitely a recommendation.

Strafe looks horrible I loathe Doom, Quake, Unreal, Duke Nuk'em, Wolfenstein and that kind of games, already when they came out, I thought they were horrible, and I cannot stand this graphical style, my opinion. So Strafe passes right by me without getting any single attention.

And Polybius looks like work, not like a game, and I also don't like that kind of visuals, I mean, we're 2017, Jeff Minter or not, how many nostalgic are still out there, besides you Teho If I wanna go retro, I play old school retro games, fine for me, there's thousands of them. Just recently installed RetroArch on my PS3, and I'm having a hell lot of fun with it.

I'm always kind of surprised when it comes to Teho's taste of games, definitely special stuff, never mainstream, love that though