Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    In Meridian are merchants for every type of artifact. Didn't finish them all yet though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday I finished The Park, was ok, got it for cheap, was through in one hour. The setting is nice, I mean who would not be scared in a dark and eerie amusement park. The game although lacks in jump scares, perhaps one or two during the whole playthrough. The end has something scary, well done, but there's not really happening anything around. If you get it for cheap, try it. I paid 3.99€ instead of 12.99€.

I also played Neverending Nightmares, which has a nice artwork, in a way that it is different, like drawn with a pen, black/white with some red thrown in for interactive stuff, but after just 30 minutes I got quite bored. The game plays a bit with your mind, as it's about mental illness, but running through doors and corridors which are all similar, gets tedious after a while. I paid 4.99€ instead of 14.99€.

I also tried Tearaway Unfolded, as it was for free for PS Plus members. I had already my doubts, as I'm not the biggest fan of such games, but thought give it a try, as it's for free. But it's definitely not for me, already the artwork, which I admit is very nice, but I prefer a different style. Cannot tell so much about the game itself or gameplay, as after only 20 minutes I deleted it again.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I started with Just Cause 3 yesterday, that's one of the ones waiting since long time on the shelf. I rather enjoyed the 2nd game, and basically the 3rd is the same in a nicer and bigger package. Didn't play a lot yet though. But I also got the big expansion Air, Land & Sea, which includes 3 DLC, Sky Fortress, Mech Land Assault and Bavarium Sea Heist. Happy shooting & destroying

Did anyone try the Prey demo? It's out since 2 days.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prey definitely looks good. Not seen the demo yet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tried the Prey demo yesterday, and I have to say... it's definitely not for me. I'm already not the biggest fan of shooters, or 1st person in general. Looks nice and interesting, but if I play a shooter, it has to be actually a SHOOTER, or else I prefer 3rd person. F.ex. I would never play GTA V in 1st person mode, just irritating. Don't know if I'm even the biggest fan of the Sci-Fi setting? I guess first reviews are coming out tomorrow, on game day release, but I already bet that they're gonna be positive in a majority.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's never good when reviews are held back until the day of release. Always feels like they are hiding something. Much better when devs are open and let the press have and review a game ahead of the date.

As for FPS, I like them but only on pc. Hate trying to play them on consoles with a controller. Feels like you are fighting the controls all the time. I only do when a game isn't on pc such as Halo.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Started with The Crew (+DLCs) yesterday, I wanted to try itt since long time, and yesterday I launched it for the first time. And I have to say, so far... I like it a lot! Whatever they said in the beginning, it has changed a lot. Version 1.21 is out already, and I read that they changed a lot since the first release. Visuals are quite nice, I mean they serve the purpose, but that seems to be one of the biggest change, and car handling to be the second.

In the beginning when I read reviews, everybody mentioned that the car handling felt unreal, bad driving behavior. They changed that too, and I must say, I can handle the cars, at least the once I drove so far (around 10 different), quite well. Doesn't feel awkward, just like any good arcade racer. Anyways, if you're searching for a simulation like experience, you're probably in the wrong place. And I'm not the best when it comes to racing games!

They also mentioned that some missions would be quite tough, due to rubber band, or just too difficult in general. So far I didn't encounter such a race, but I'm only at the beginning, 2 hours in. So far I managed everything.

The roaming around is very nice, world feels real, and it is indeed very big. That's also what I like about a racing game, be free to drive around and do whatever you see fit. That's why I already like NFS: Rivals, or especially Burnout Paradise. There's quite much to discover, and driving from one coast to another takes reaaally long.

I think it's well done, and also I still want to continue playing, that is generally not happening with me and racing games, I play usually for about an hour, then I put it away and only take it out again if I have a friend come over, but this one keeps me going. I'm playing the story, which is not anything special, but which one is, plus I don't need it to be a Christopher Nolan movie, as long as it keeps me wanting to play more. Probably I'm gonna reach the point where I get stuck, but I still have the open world, and I can gain experience to upgrade my car.

Different story, I also would like to mention Forza Horizon 3 here, which is also more arcady. There is a Hot Wheels DLC announced, which looks quite funny, with roller coasters and stuff, a bit like Trackmania, and I love that. Anyway, my point was, that I want to buy, still this year, a 4k beamer. My JVC is now 3 generations further, and the new X5500 came out in January. Absolutely love mine, so I guess I'll stick with the same brand and model. What has that to do with Forza Horizon 3 you think, well I was thinking about buying the XBox Scorpio when it comes out, as it comes with native 4k support. That will be by the end of the year, but I might buy the beamer before, that's anyway on my shopping list.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about the PS4 Pro for the 4K support?

Regarding The Crew. I picked that up a long time ago in a sale and have never played it! Really need to give it a go if it's improved.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    What about the PS4 Pro for the 4K support?
    The PS4 does not have native support, thus you cannot play 4K BluRay discs.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No but it does for games and streaming sych as Netflix. So with one toy can play ps4 games von 4K, all be it not quite true 4K (but that's true of most). It's only BD 4K discs it can't play which I still think was a mad omission by Sony. Especially as M$ did add one to the slim.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My PS3 has some problems lately, every game freezes after 5-20 minutes, boots fine though. I wanted to play FIFA Street again so badly, but even during the first match, it freezes. Currently making a backup of the internal disk, and I will change it, might be a header problem. If not, PS3 is broken. Anyway, had more problems with CFW with this newer slim than with my old phat version, still sad that it died.

So I ordered the game for the XBox 360, was only 8€. Arrived today, so I launched it, started a world tour, created my team, created all 10 players from scratch, took me over 1 hour, but I was happy after. So I get to finally play the first match, set up my squad, kicked the first ball, and bang...... the game froze. I just thought wtf. Tried to reboot the console, beeps after start, and logo freezes. Ok. Finally managed to boot after 5 retries, launched game, freezes. Switched console back off for 5 minutes, retried to start, and now I eventually get the RROD!! **** me!!

Well, at some point I even thought myself that it's quite funny but it angers me nonetheless how big are the chances, really?

Btw, didn't know that Netflix streams 4k, interesting.