Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best of luck Demon. Hope everything will work out fine with the surgery and the recovery afterwards.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    At the moment, I try not to think too much about the operation, I'm looking forward to be home for 6 months, playing games, watching movies and series, and working on my PC a bit. I'm trying not to worry too much, as otherwise I will make myself crazy. My girlfriend is momentarily more concerned than me, I'm looking at the bright side of it.

Went to the neurologist and anesthetists this morning, got my heart checked, which is fine. The nerve although is not reacting like it should, signals are way to slow, but there's not a lot of power left in my right leg.

Everything will be fine
    Yes DC. Partners can take a harder clobbering than the one going through the operation. Deb was exactly the same & didn't calm down till today.

Are they hoping to stabilize the Nerve with this metal bar/brace to make the nerve more responsive?
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Best wishes DC, hope it fixes you up. My sister in law has back problems and she had surgery of some sort, it has really helped her.

What caused the original injury, do you know?

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    Are they hoping to stabilize the Nerve with this metal bar/brace to make the nerve more responsive?
    I have 3 discs that are barely existing, so it's almost that bone touches bone, causing obviously the pain. The problem with the nerve is another one, which happens to occur at the same time. I have an infection in the nerve and it's swollen. Plus cartilage has surrounded the nerve, that must be removed, otherwise the infection will not go away.

Quote Originally Posted by J T
    What caused the original injury, do you know?
    I had a herniated disc back in 1990, came probably due of sports. I played handball, also national team for Luxembourg, thus I had almost every day training plus games plus tournaments plus sports camps. I was already 2m tall then, and I was only 18 years old, so basically everything came together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    <snip>
    I had a herniated disc back in 1990, came probably due of sports. I played handball, also national team for Luxembourg, thus I had almost every day training plus games plus tournaments plus sports camps. I was already 2m tall then, and I was only 18 years old, so basically everything came together.
    Herniated Disc.... Like a twist/compression to the spine that completely trashes a pad in one go? Did you you ever fall real awkwardly whilst fielding?

Anything in your family tree with your height DC? - I only ask, because I wouldn't have thought handball, as a "Sport", would or could destroy the lower back in a manner such as it has yours... Please excuse my reasoning here, but humping a wheelbarrow around all day with bricks in it definitely would & handball by comparison would be a walk in the park?

Again m8, please do excuse my Euphemisms.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that Handball is quite a rough sport, you get pushed, hit, pulled... all the time, depending which level you play, I don't mean the game you have once in school with your mates. Plus you're jumping all the time, obviously landing again, and not necessarily on your feet. Your back absorbs all that. Plus I was very young, and my body not fully developed yet. So do that for years.

Basically the disc moved out, so they had to cut parts of it away.

My father is 1.83m and my mom is 1.79m, so quite tall. I was 1.97m when I was 15, so you can imagine that I grew quite fast. At that time I only weighed 70kg though. With maturity I grew stronger and within 5 years, although growing only 3 more cm, I gained 30kg, leaving me at 100kg, which is perfect weight for my height. And so far I kept it, last 20 years didn't change much. I'm still quite "skinny" for my 2m, and majority of people don't even believe me that I put 100kg on the scale

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is quite light for your height. Plus makes me feel quite short as I'm 1.8m tall.

Wish I remained the same weight for past 20 years. I'm considering starting weight training again and using a rowing machine. When I did that before I could eat anything and not put weight on, plus I had no asthma symptoms.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    wish you luck and fast recovery mate.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that Handball is quite a rough sport, you get pushed, hit, pulled... all the time, depending which level you play, I don't mean the game you have once in school with your mates. Plus you're jumping all the time, obviously landing again, and not necessarily on your feet. Your back absorbs all that. Plus I was very young, and my body not fully developed yet. So do that for years.

Basically the disc moved out, so they had to cut parts of it away.

My father is 1.83m and my mom is 1.79m, so quite tall. I was 1.97m when I was 15, so you can imagine that I grew quite fast. At that time I only weighed 70kg though. With maturity I grew stronger and within 5 years, although growing only 3 more cm, I gained 30kg, leaving me at 100kg, which is perfect weight for my height. And so far I kept it, last 20 years didn't change much. I'm still quite "skinny" for my 2m, and majority of people don't even believe me that I put 100kg on the scale
    So do you remember just one incident where you hurt your back proper, where your disc popped out.... or is it just years of throwing yourself around a playing field that adds up to the disc popping out?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess it's just due to time, one morning I couldn't get out of bed and couldn't even walk. So I had to stay for 2 weeks like that before having the operation. Was quite bad. Never hurt my back during games or training, just happened like that,