Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84
  1. #11
    ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

    Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,002
    Blog Entries
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    1
    Best of luck Demon. Hope everything will work out fine with the surgery and the recovery afterwards.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Demoscene crews Gods and Void


  2. #12
    Deadly Kin Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall. UK.
    Posts
    864
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    At the moment, I try not to think too much about the operation, I'm looking forward to be home for 6 months, playing games, watching movies and series, and working on my PC a bit. I'm trying not to worry too much, as otherwise I will make myself crazy. My girlfriend is momentarily more concerned than me, I'm looking at the bright side of it.

    Went to the neurologist and anesthetists this morning, got my heart checked, which is fine. The nerve although is not reacting like it should, signals are way to slow, but there's not a lot of power left in my right leg.

    Everything will be fine
    Yes DC. Partners can take a harder clobbering than the one going through the operation. Deb was exactly the same & didn't calm down till today.

    Are they hoping to stabilize the Nerve with this metal bar/brace to make the nerve more responsive?
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

  3. #13
    Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

    J T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,559
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Best wishes DC, hope it fixes you up. My sister in law has back problems and she had surgery of some sort, it has really helped her.

    What caused the original injury, do you know?
    - On a mission to Funkotron, baby -

  4. #14
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

    Demon Cleaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Phobos
    Posts
    7,019
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    Are they hoping to stabilize the Nerve with this metal bar/brace to make the nerve more responsive?
    I have 3 discs that are barely existing, so it's almost that bone touches bone, causing obviously the pain. The problem with the nerve is another one, which happens to occur at the same time. I have an infection in the nerve and it's swollen. Plus cartilage has surrounded the nerve, that must be removed, otherwise the infection will not go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by J T
    What caused the original injury, do you know?
    I had a herniated disc back in 1990, came probably due of sports. I played handball, also national team for Luxembourg, thus I had almost every day training plus games plus tournaments plus sports camps. I was already 2m tall then, and I was only 18 years old, so basically everything came together.

  5. #15
    Deadly Kin Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall. UK.
    Posts
    864
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    <snip>
    I had a herniated disc back in 1990, came probably due of sports. I played handball, also national team for Luxembourg, thus I had almost every day training plus games plus tournaments plus sports camps. I was already 2m tall then, and I was only 18 years old, so basically everything came together.
    Herniated Disc.... Like a twist/compression to the spine that completely trashes a pad in one go? Did you you ever fall real awkwardly whilst fielding?

    Anything in your family tree with your height DC? - I only ask, because I wouldn't have thought handball, as a "Sport", would or could destroy the lower back in a manner such as it has yours... Please excuse my reasoning here, but humping a wheelbarrow around all day with bricks in it definitely would & handball by comparison would be a walk in the park?

    Again m8, please do excuse my Euphemisms.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

  6. #16
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

    Demon Cleaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Phobos
    Posts
    7,019
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    88
    I think that Handball is quite a rough sport, you get pushed, hit, pulled... all the time, depending which level you play, I don't mean the game you have once in school with your mates. Plus you're jumping all the time, obviously landing again, and not necessarily on your feet. Your back absorbs all that. Plus I was very young, and my body not fully developed yet. So do that for years.

    Basically the disc moved out, so they had to cut parts of it away.

    My father is 1.83m and my mom is 1.79m, so quite tall. I was 1.97m when I was 15, so you can imagine that I grew quite fast. At that time I only weighed 70kg though. With maturity I grew stronger and within 5 years, although growing only 3 more cm, I gained 30kg, leaving me at 100kg, which is perfect weight for my height. And so far I kept it, last 20 years didn't change much. I'm still quite "skinny" for my 2m, and majority of people don't even believe me that I put 100kg on the scale

  7. #17
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

    Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,342
    Blog Entries
    1
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    14
    That is quite light for your height. Plus makes me feel quite short as I'm 1.8m tall.

    Wish I remained the same weight for past 20 years. I'm considering starting weight training again and using a rowing machine. When I did that before I could eat anything and not put weight on, plus I had no asthma symptoms.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

    If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!


  8. #18
    Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

    Tiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Estoril/Lisbon
    Posts
    2,360
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    wish you luck and fast recovery mate.
    A500 - A600 - A1200 - A4000 - CDTV
    www.revistapushstart.com

  9. #19
    Deadly Kin Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall. UK.
    Posts
    864
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I think that Handball is quite a rough sport, you get pushed, hit, pulled... all the time, depending which level you play, I don't mean the game you have once in school with your mates. Plus you're jumping all the time, obviously landing again, and not necessarily on your feet. Your back absorbs all that. Plus I was very young, and my body not fully developed yet. So do that for years.

    Basically the disc moved out, so they had to cut parts of it away.

    My father is 1.83m and my mom is 1.79m, so quite tall. I was 1.97m when I was 15, so you can imagine that I grew quite fast. At that time I only weighed 70kg though. With maturity I grew stronger and within 5 years, although growing only 3 more cm, I gained 30kg, leaving me at 100kg, which is perfect weight for my height. And so far I kept it, last 20 years didn't change much. I'm still quite "skinny" for my 2m, and majority of people don't even believe me that I put 100kg on the scale
    So do you remember just one incident where you hurt your back proper, where your disc popped out.... or is it just years of throwing yourself around a playing field that adds up to the disc popping out?
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

  10. #20
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

    Demon Cleaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Phobos
    Posts
    7,019
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    88
    I guess it's just due to time, one morning I couldn't get out of bed and couldn't even walk. So I had to stay for 2 weeks like that before having the operation. Was quite bad. Never hurt my back during games or training, just happened like that,

Similar Threads

  1. PPC surgery
    By Buleste in forum Hardware
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30th October 2008, 17:00
  2. POTM March and April POTM both go to...
    By Harrison in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 22nd May 2008, 18:41
  3. POTM March POTM
    By Harrison in forum Competition Archive
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 15th May 2008, 17:08
  4. POTM March 2007
    By Harrison in forum Competition Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23rd April 2007, 23:29
  5. Back from surgery
    By Demon Cleaner in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 4th February 2007, 22:57

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright classicamiga.com