Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any upcoming 2017 game releases you are looking forward to?

Are there any upcoming 2017 game releases you are looking forward to? On any platform.

Normally there are quite a few I'm looking forward to, but there don't seem to be too many this year that have grabbed my attention. Biggest one is probably the next Zelda on the new Nintendo Switch. Always love those games, but I'm still not 100% convinced by this new console.

And the FFVII remake, with a rumour of a pc special edition featuring modding.

Still not played FFXV either yet so will grab that soon. Also a pc version with modding rumour for this too.

Really not sure about any other big name titles. Waiting for the next Gran Turismo on PS4.

Project Cars 2 recently announced, but I've not played the original much yet so no urgency there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't really use the term "looking forward to". I think there are quite many good games coming out lately, started playing Horizon: Zero Dawn yesterday and have to say it's very good. I own almost every game, but don't have so much time to play them, so usually I start an older game, and not the newest ones. Horizon: Zero Dawn now being an exception, as my girlfriend bought it for me yesterday.

Example is Sniper Elite III, I just finished the campaign, still have to play the Churchill DLC. I like the game a lot, and finally got to play it, only because Sniper Elite IV came out now, so I had to finish III first. I will probably play IV later, as otherwise it could get a bit boring, as the gameplay stays the same.

Persona 5 will come out now, looking forward how that will be, but so far, no Persona game has been bad.

I'm in chapter 11 in Final Fantasy XV, and so far I like it. Most annoying thing are the loading times when you make sidequests. The game loads every time you travel from point to point, and the loading takes 70-80 seconds every time. But I will pause it now for a bit to play Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands coming out this week, loved the first trailers, still love the idea, but don't know if this one is gonna be a smash hit, probably more like The Division flop, unfortunately. But we don't know that yet, so let's hope it is what Ubisoft promised.

NieR: Automata coming the same day, the first was ok, this one seems to be better, will have to wait some days for reviews though.

Looking forward to Mass Effect: Andromeda of course, who doesn't, hopefully it will again be a good entry to the franchise, apparently the 3rd wasn't, so I didn't even bother to play it, liked the 2 first though, besides the Mako fights in episode 1, D'oh!

I always liked the FlatOut series, although the last one(s) sucked, so having FlatOut 4: Total Insanity being released on a newer generation could be interesting, hopefully they don't mess it up, again.

Bulletstorm will have a remake, and I only can recommend everybody to play it, as it's a great shooter and pure fun, trust me.

There's a new God of War coming, could be interesting too, as I liked all of the previous ones before.

Other than that, perhaps the action adventure RiME which looks quite nice, or if you like FPS, the new Prey game.

I'm not so much into simulation racing, that's why Gran Turismo and Project Cars don't interest me at all, would prefer to see a nice NFS or Burnout again, that's more my style. Or perhaps a good VR conversion of some racing game, not the Drive Club muddy mess.

Are people really waiting for that ominous FFVII remake?

And lastly, the Nintendo Switch. What should I say. The best way to express my feelings would be: NOT AGAIN!! I don't need a console like that, first Wii was fun, Wii U not anymore, and the Switch is even more expendable in my opinion. I know a lot of people like that stuff, and will disagree with me, but that's fine. I never played any Zelda game in my life, so I can not talk about that, and it would be wrong to say that I'm looking forward to the newest Zelda game, and that I'm sad that it's only released on the Switch, because I simply don't. I was never a fan of Nintendo consoles or games, and I think it will probably stay that way, as they don't seem to change their commercial view.

I could live in this world without Mario & Link

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any VR game for PS4....
    I have a PS4 with VR from my magazine at home, (didn't pay anything for it... ) so as a fan of VR i just want to see any new game to VR.
    The actual games available, are good tech-demos, but so far there is not any "real" game for VR for PS4. All games are short, and overpriced.
    I liked them, but i feel they are games to show what you could get in VR. So a "complete" game will e very welcome.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Resident Evil?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I keep forgetting about RE7. Waiting for it to drop in price before buying.

@DC. Loads of games the I had forgotten about. Definitely a few you listed I will be playing. But like you said, I'm not desperately looking forward to them. Will grab most in sales.

Regarding Nintendo. I'm the opposite. Since owning a SNES in owned every console and love their first party games. Never been great for third party releases though. Still have a soft spot for the Gamecube.

Last edited by Harrison; 1st March 2017 at 23:31.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well Torment: Tides of Numenera came out yesterday so I'm not looking forward to that anymore, I'm playing it! There's also Ron Gilbert's Thimbleweed Park which is an oldschool adventure in the style of Maniac Mansion. Comes out on March 30th.

River City Ransom: Underground also came out yesterday and I hear good things, but I'm playing Torment.

Can't think of any that hasn't allready been mentioned. Of those I will definitely get Mass Effect Andromeda on day one, loved those games. I also liked NieR so will also be getting the sequel. As for Horizon, it looks very interesting but at the same time very formulaic open world. I might get it in a sale later on because hey, robot dinosaurs!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The GameCube has some nice RPGs, love the Baten Kaitos games.

I'm a bit fed up with RPGs in the Baldur's Gate style, like Pillars of Eternity, so I will definitely skip Torment: Tides of Numenera, always the same low par graphic style, which I like, don't get me wrong, but I've seen it too much now. And all this text based dialogues which go on and on and on funny at the time, but tedious nowadays.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Buldar's Gate is still one of my favourite RPG styles. A really enjoyed a recent one called Ember.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another rpg game I just remembered is Shiness: The lightning Kingdom. Due out this year and in Dev since 2014 it looks visually amazing. Been looking forward to this one for some time. Has a real PS2 RPG feel about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anything based on the Unreal 4 2017 Engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC6Xx_jLXmg

There are loads of Unreal 4 examples but I thought this was quite Dynamic & to the point without BS wafflers in it....
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.