Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Europe Freeze!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a separate tumble dryer too, which I do use in the winter. It uses a lot of electricity though, so would get quite expensive if I were to use it for everything.

We don't tend to get seagulls here. I did used to see them quite often a couple of miles away though.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We converted part of out garage into a laundry/utility room. The downstairs toilet backed onto it so water was easy to supply and I drilled a hole through the wall and fitted a dryer vent and ran more electric points. Much better having it there than in the kitchen.

But as Steve said dryers are really expensive to run so only use it mostly in the winter. It is annoying when you have just hung clothes out and it rains though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    BOT.......

http://news.sky.com/story/italy-aval...ckage-10743048

An estimated 60,000 Tonnes of snow hit the Hotel, equal to being hit by 4,000 loaded Lorries, though there is no mention of the size of Lorry used for their calculations.

So.....

Articulated weight limit is 44 Tonnes, therefore 60,000 divided by 44 = 1,363.63 44-Tonne Articulated Lorries, not 4,000.
    Or in their appraisal, 60,000 Tonnes of snow divided by 4,000 Lorries = 15 Tonnes per fully loaded Lorry.

Small Lorries huh!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's still a lot of snow!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been bastard hot out here lately - a record breaking summer of extreme heat.

Everyone back home in the UK says 'oh how lovely' but unless they have sat through days of +40C, they don't really understand. Did I tell you that my house isn't air-conditioned?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No air con! I couldn't survive in +40 without it. Can't you buy one of those portable units? My dad has one and it gets a large room nice and cold.

I have experienced +40 when on holiday in Greece years ago. It was too hot for me, but it was a dry heat so at least you didn't sweat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No Air Con in 40+ .... Unimaginable!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's certainly uncomfortable but survivable (keep windows and blinds shut until the air cools, used ceiling fans, don't try and do anything other than lounge around in undies.... or get in the car and hit the beach/cinema/shops - clothes back on first though)

It's not too humid here though, which is good. We are a little ways inland and quite elevated. Gets cold here in winter too (personally I think central heating [we don't have that either, just one gas fire in the lounge] would be of greater benefit than air con)

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    How does it look spider and snake wise anyways? I would personally hate having huge spiders in my house or around, already have to deal with some nasty ones here, yucky although not poisonous

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    We get a few snakes and spiders but they are relatively easily avoided as long as due care is taken.

We've had redbacks (venomous) in our garden and garage before. We've had a funnelweb outside - I think it was a funnelweb - they come out after the summer rain, big mother-f-ers and super , super dangerous. Those bad guys get sprayed and then stamped on, then sprayed again! Inside the house we get a lot of huntsman spiders. They aren't dangerous but look horrible, they are really big and really fast. I try not to kill them though as they eat the nastier spiders and bugs so I catch them and put them outside.

I've seen a few snakes but not many, they really don't like being around people. We get them at work in the bushes around the car park from time to time. There was one outside my office window a while ago. The wildlife here is actually quite cool, we've seen some great things (wombats, wallabies and roos, echidnas, bluetongue lizards, kookaburras, eagles, wild dolphins at the harbour....)

I'll have to dig out some pics and videos. I'm not keen on snakes or spiders but we quite quickly learned to live with and deal with them.