Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Commercial games missing on the main site

If you find any commercial game that is missing from the main site, please name it here, and it will be added as soon as possible. I'm sure that there are still some games missing, as there are so many.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I add a table here for myself, so I can always edit the new games I found to have a better overview. As I'm currently adding screenshots alphabetically, I come across of some non existing games in our database. I'm of course also using the spreadsheets to add the games, but here, also everyone can see what games have been added recently, instead of looking through the spreadsheets.

Date
    Games added
    Abduction, Access Denied
    Age of Sail
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 25th April 2007 at 16:05.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Action Stations!

From it's doc file: "a tactical-level simulation of naval surface combat for the period 1922-1945."

Zzap Magazine review: http://amigareviews.classicgaming.ga...onstationszzap

Demoniak

Adventure game, commerical release according to Liste des jeux. (Game is also listed at other Amiga sites)

Squibbly Shibbly

Platformer published by Miracle FX. Website here. Reviewed in Amiga Format Issue 99 (scan on AMR) but not listed at Liste des jeux. Was added to HOL yesterday although interestingly:

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have Action Stations! and already tested it, but I didn't take any screenshots, because it had no title screen, and is only text based if I remember right. That was the main reason I didn't add it yet.

I will add the other two you've posted. Thanks.

EDIT: Games added.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 2nd May 2007 at 07:40.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I get chance I will definitely need to go through the games lists from the old site and double check if we are missing anything else on the new one.

BTW, just a quick bit of nostalgia. The old site didn't use a database as such at all. I coded all of the game entries into php arrays on the actual site pages (that was before I had access or experience of databases with php and mysql). It was a nightmare to update and required much more work than the current site to add new features, as I had to amend the array structure and the php code functions that used it, although the actual pages did build themselves automatically from the code and I only ever needed to edit the arrays.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I have Action Stations! and already tested it, but I didn't take any screenshots, because it had no title screen, and is only text based if I remember right. That was the main reason I didn't add it yet.

I will add the other two you've posted. Thanks.

EDIT: Games added.
    Thanks.

BTW: I searched for Squibbly in the main search box (the one under the classicamiga logo), and when I clicked on the entry from the search results I got "You are not authorised to view this resource. You need to login." I wasn't logged in at the time, but I'd imagine it's meant to be publicly accessible and viewable.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wasn't logged in at the time, but I'd imagine it's meant to be publicly accessible and viewable.
    Indeed, it should be visible.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just taken a look at this search error and I think it is a bug in the latest version of jReviews.

If you are not logged in and go into the games section, you can navigate to the Squibbly Shibbly game without a problem and view it. You can also use the search box within the games section and search for the game, find it, and view the page. It just seems to be when using the main site search that it doesn't allow access to the page.

The thing with jReviews is that it replaces the search bot that is used by Joomla for all site searches, so that it adds all custom jReviews fields from the game and demo sections into the search results. I therefore think it is this jReviews search bot that is the problem. I will contact the developer to find out.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another few missing games:

Defender 2 - http://hol.abime.net/304 & http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=2363
    Defender (Acid Software version) - http://hol.abime.net/5508
    Defender (Ratsoft version) - http://hol.abime.net/3890 & http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=2501
    Revenge of the Mutant Camels - http://hol.abime.net/487

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will have to restart adding screenshots again, I had some "other" work to do for CA lately, but since my additions are done so far, I can again concentrate on the games section, probably next week, as Oz also isn't here (at work).

I then will also add those games.

EDIT: I just had a look at Obligement, and Defender (Ratsoft version) is stated as shareware and a version by Wicked Software as commercial. Also Revenge Of The Mutant Camels (Llamasoft) is shareware, and Revenge Of The Mutant Camels 2 (Mastertronic) is commercial and present on our site.

EDIT 2: I now added the 2 Defender games. But what is the Acid Software version one? Can't reach HOL from here.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 26th June 2007 at 11:05.