Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

PS4 VR

Hi,
    anyone with PS4 VR?
    We just got one for our magazine.
    So far i am liking it very much. I have 7 or 8 complete games. Batman, Valkyrie, Loading Human to name a few.
    Valkyrie looks great!
    Overall, the 3D is quite good.

Did you try it?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DC owns one. I've tried it out quickly at a friend's and through it was really cool, but for the price I don't think I would use it enough, especially as you can really only use it for about 30-60 mins at a time comfortably.

I would however love a VR headset on the PC for Elite but they are way out of my price range at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it, but like Harrison mentioned, you don't play that long in one run, but otherwise it's funny. Last time I played the 40 VR levels they added to Trackmania, and that was quite great.

I even bought now a PS4 Pro, and the experience is a bit better, text is more visible, that was quite annoying for me, plus upcoming games will take benefit of the Pro model.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't go for more then 45 minutes in a run. Have to rest for a bit.
    DC, You see difference from PS4 to PS4 Pro in VR? Text is more visible? I didn't know that. I guess that the Pro version gives you more frame rate. But putting the text more visible?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    DC, You see difference from PS4 to PS4 Pro in VR? Text is more visible? I didn't know that. I guess that the Pro version gives you more frame rate. But putting the text more visible?
    It's better, like I said, had problems reading stuff on the screen (BattleZone inside the tank f.ex., could barely read what the screens in your tank showed), with the Pro I have a lot less problems. IGN also mentioned that in one video.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes Battlezone, i also notice that. So it should be a performance issue...
    I would look for a PS4 pro in he future, but only if i get a 4K tv.

The problem with reading some text, and also focus the vr in general is something annoying. I have to adjust the VR every 10 minutes. If i move my head with more speed, the vr, gets out of the focus position in my head. half a centimeter is enough to get blur and everything not focus.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read that with the Pro the VR headset actually increases the resolution slightly, as well as maintaining better framerate when you move quickly. I understand thr ps4 blurs the image slightly during fast head movements when the frame rate drops to stop frame stutter.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sold my "old" vanilla PS4 today to a friend for 200€, so the Pro only cost me 169€. Not too bad.

Only need to buy now a 4K beamer, I was looking for the JVC DLA-X5000, it's the same model than mine, only the latest generation. Girlfriend says of course I won't need it, women

My Yamaha A840 Aventage is 4K, so it's obvious what I need

Although I just changed the lamp of the beamer 2 months ago, and now everything is fine again, looks like completely new, beamer is really top notch (X30). The lamp was 300€.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand thr ps4 blurs the image slightly during fast head movements when the frame rate drops to stop frame stutter
    My problem is that your eyes need to stay at a constant distant to the vr screen. And when you move quickly they tend to move a bit far away from it, and you lost focus. You need to adjust the vr.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @DC. I was about to ask if you had upgraded to 4K yet. I've been holding off until 4K starts becoming more mainstream.

The new Sky Q box is 4K and Sky are about to launch a load of new 4K channels, so that will be good for content. And 4K TVs are finally dropping a lot in price. A decent 46" Samsung is now under £500 and even the higher end ones are just over £1k so not bad. I definitely think 2017 will be thr year where 4K starts to become the new norm and HD the minimum. I do however still know people that haven't even upgraded to HD yet, which is mad. One family I know still have a massive 26" wide screen CRT which I just don't understand. If you are not desperate for brilliant image quality yoy can get 32 and even 40 inch hd TVs by lessor makes like LG and JVC for under 250 now.