Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    True. My PowerBook 1400's plastics are much better than any newer apple laptops that I have used (or heard about).

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apple's way of thinking,

"Make it look cool, and people will buy it....don't worry if it works or not..."
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since Apple moved from their older style Mac designs, ending with the original beige G3, I haven't been a fan of them at all. The only case designs I've taken a liking too have been the all metal G5 ones, and even then I didn't like the grill like front as it looked more like an electric heater than a computer. I'

I've not liked any of the coloured plastic cases right from the first blue G3's to the grey G4's and the multi coloured iMacs. None of them have looked that strong or well constructed, and I hated the old iMacs where you could see the insides of the CRT monitor. Horrible design! That is a complete contrast to the older Macs that while a more boring Mac cream/beige could withstand anything and would go on for many years.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think those coloured cases look nice. I think the appeal of the imacs is for people who want a simple small and stylish computer, rather than a big beige box.

I always liked them since we got one in the classroom in 1999. Well, I'd say it was an improvement over the LCII anyway.

As for the B&W and Graphite G3s/G4s, I think those case designs are really good, because you can just pull the side down and access the motherboard . Much better than most of the PCs I have used, but I suppose it depends on how often you need to swap cables around.

I still like beige computers. Most of my computers are beige and they all match. And they don't really stand out or anything. They're just computers really. Nothing special. And at the end of the day, a box is just a box. It's what's on the circuit boards that really matters.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very well said Steve. A lot of enphasis is placed on how a computer physically looks these days, but how often do most people actually look at their computer case?

When they press the on button, and when the use the drive to insert or remove a disc. Other than that they don't. Any most cases are under the desk out of sight anyway.

I must admit that my main PC does have a nice looking case and it is visible to anyone sitting in the room unless you are sitting at the actual desk, but I didn't actually purchase the case based on it's asthetic qualities. I picked it due to its layout, build quality and design.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!