Sony have announced they are bringing PS Now to PC, allowing pc gamers to play many PS3 games on pc for the first time.

This service is already running on PS4, allowing its owners to play PS3 games. However it is a streaming subscription service, whereby you play games streaming online and you don't download or install anything. So only any good if you have broadband capable of 15Mbps minimum. I've bit heard anything about Vita support, anyone know as that would be cool?

Sony have also shown a wireless USB adapter to use a PS4 controller on pc with this service.

This announcement comes at the same time Microsoft announce Play Anywhere and their plan that all future xbox games will be released cross platform on both pc and xbox one. You will be able to play against players on both platforms and have the ability to switch between platforms whilst retaining your saves and settings. We don't yet know if you only have to buy the game once to access them in both platforms, or have to purchase twice. Great to think that future first party games such as Forza, Halo and Gears of War will be on PC. Finally able to play them utilising much higher PC specs.

Of these 2 the Xbox one announcement is definitely more interesting for current gamers, having access to new titles across both platforms. For Playstation I can't see it being quite so popular due to its subscription nature of $100 per year and owning nothing. But interesting to play older titles, plus it opens up using PS NOW to deliver PS3 games on more devices. Even built into standalone smart TVs. Could be a good service for children's bedrooms or playrooms. And possibly great for public spaces.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk