Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

Metroid Prime Federation Force, who is going to get it?

Hello all,

I don't know if there are any Metroid fans on this forum but I have been a fan of the franchise since Super Metroid back in the 90s. I have played almost all the games (exceptions are the original Metroid, it has not aged that well, and Metroid Prime pinball because it is a pinball game) with the highlight in my opinion being the period between Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime Corruption as us fans got a lot of game releases (not just the tpime games but also Fusion and Zero Mission)

But as you all know after Other M the franchise fell silent until last year Metroid Prime Federation Force was announced.
    Now the fandom is really divided about this title, especially the fact that on Metroid's anniversary the only new release is a spin off.

There is also some controversy about a fan game that had to be taken down but that is different news.

I would like to ask to the people here who have been watching the news and who are perhaps interested in getting it.

Me, well I am curious I have to admit. Of course I also really much rather wanted a full main series title and I have to admit that the graphics are a bit of a downgrade as it has gone somewhat Chibi/Super Deformed.
    The gameplay is also a bit more standard FPS (though a control method like Gamecube's Metroid Prime is also included) and is more focused on multiplayer which is a bit of a throw off as the series was always single player oriented. (developers have confirmed that a single player can play it)

I would like to try it but I do hope Nintendo are not going to switch the franchise to this type of gameplay.
    As a spin off I am okay with Nintendo's developers trying something different for the franchise.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've only played the Gamecube games, not really knowing the series before that. But really enjoyed those games.

I hate the obsession these days of making everything focused on online multiplayer and less and less on single player. Like you and others here I still prefer mostly single player games with some multiplayer. I even play Elite single player mostly, and a even the MMOs Guildwars and SWTOR I mostly explored solo so I could do so at my own pace, and then joined up with other players for difficult missions and areas.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the game has been released and a lot of the campaign does revolve around having multiple players in your team, but in the videos I have watched so far a single player can manage.

In general it actually does look okay although of course not as graphically nice as the Gamecube/Wii Prime games and because it handles a whole different art style.
    Still I would not dismiss the title on that ground alone even if a lot of the other Metroid fans do.

What does bother me is that the game is a little bland compared to a Prime game, there is not much regarding the joy of discovery as the game is pretty much mission focused, and there is not that much lore development sadly.

Heh as some reviewer mentioned, Samus Aran who is also doing an investigation seems to have the main adventure while you are just following her up.

Still it is a game I would like to play if I had a 3DS. I guess I will look out for one when their prices go down when the next portable console is announced. Really not that interested in other 3DS games so it would be ridiculous to buy a new portable console for just one game.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]