Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I've heard that as you progress you get the chance to build space structures like space stations. I don't know if this is true, but world be great and your early impression sounds like the game grows over time as you advance.
    They mentioned that it will be included, hopefully, although it wasn't planned from the beginning.

I played again yesterday for some more hours, left the first system, warp is now available, and went to another huge planet. So far I have to say that I enjoy exploring the planets quite a lot, this one has loads of flora and fauna, plus it also has water. I'm just cruising around with my ship searching for interesting spots, then investigate. I also started scanning animals and plants, you can then rename them and upload. You get paid for doing so. I just rename the animal with funny names, so I remember what they are. I have Crabspider, Crabjumper, Giant Snakeear, Jumping Snakehead, Unitiger, Dinohorse... So far I only met one aggressive species, which instantly attacked me.

I also found already MANY upgrades for my ship, suit and multitool. Didn't upgrade much though, as you need resources, which are not necessarily on the planet you're on. I have a bit more money now, as I started to mine gold and emeril which are worth some money.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 11th August 2016 at 05:18.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been following some of the reactions on this game, at least the PS4 one.
    And though there is a positive reception there is also a lot of negative reception regarding the gameplay, choices in design, and some bugs.

As I feared a lot of the reviews, both positive and negative confirm what I have already been suspecting. This really isn't a game for me, at least not game I would happily spend 50 or 60 Euros on.
    Perhaps when it is sold on discount I might consider giving it a try.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not quite sure what every negative person's expectations were meant to be. The game was always going to be very similar in gameplay and idea to Elite and similar space exploration games.

I've been reading a few PC players have been having some stability bug issues. Not sure if this is hardware specific yet. I will probably not get the game until September as I dint have the time to play it yet, but really looking forward to trying it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just watched this video on Youtube and I agree with the maker on what kind of game No Man's Sky is suppose to be and for what kind of audience.

Link

It is just not a title for me, I rather play something like Fallout New Vegas, Deus Ex, Half Life 2 or Metroid Prime.

I think it is the advertisement hype that mostly gave people the wrong idea and that they should have investigated this title a bit further.
    Anyway I am glad I did not pre order this game as it would have made me somewhat disappointed.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you prefer something more scripted with a story and end goal?

I like either. Is great to have what amounts to an interactive story in most games, but equally I love open world games like Elite where you can go and do anything. You still have to be in the mood to play them though, otherwise you can get bored.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So you prefer something more scripted with a story and end goal?
    In a sense yes, not completely linear but that it is still clear of what the tasks and goal are.

As I mentioned before, with a lot of open ended games I feel I am thrown into the deep, I have no idea what to do or what my goals should be.
    I have perhaps fun for a few hours as I find out the mechanics (such as finding out what is needed to collect to make items or other materials to make bigger creations), but at some point I then ask "So what do I do now?"

I can continue on, explorer further, build or buy bigger things, try to enter the existing economy by producing and selling what is in demand, perhaps tracking down enemies, but it just can not hold my attention.

In some open games I feel this is artificially lengthened by making production or trade very... well slow is not the right word but unless you are familiar with the gameplay and the mechanics it takes a long time before you are able to purchase or manufacturer the better items, objects, structures, or vehicles.

Right now I just don't have the patience for that. (not just in games, also in real life)

I don't think open ended titles like No Man's Sky are bad, but they are definitely for an audience that really enjoys making their own stories in the worlds they are given.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always tell people who complain about the price, if you buy an FPS for 60€, you're done after 8 hours of playing, multiplayer left out. If you buy NMS for 60€, you play at least 20-30 hours before getting bored or whatever, so basically you got value for money.

But of course there's people who don't like this kind of game, so just don't buy it. I don't buy any F1 games f.ex. that's not for me, even if I could get it for 5€.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very true. As with anything a game is only worth as much as you will get out of it.

Obviously the cheaper the better as you will get a lot more value for money, but if you are desperate to play a game you will pay more and still enjoy it.

I was reading feedback and impressions about NMS and I can't belive the negativity. You would think their whole life had ended, or it was a life changing moment. So many just assumed completely wrong things about the game based on rumours and guessing purely based on short promo videos from E3 and preproduction. We all know preproduction videos don't show a finished game and prerelease videos and designed to market, with not all content making the final product.

The developer even kept stating it was not an MMO or multiplayer, and was fully single player. Personally I prefer single player most of the time. All multiplayer games have sticking points, the one I hate the most bring missions requiring multiple players, as you can get stuck trying to form a party.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is the advertisement hype that mostly gave people the wrong idea and that they should have investigated this title a bit further.
    As Ghost Said, hype can kill a game...
    I didn't try it yet, to much money, and i still have some games to play were i invest money. But i will try it.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=Tiago;54170]
    I think it is the advertisement hype
    Every major game has it. Unfortunately.