So I wanted to open this thread, thanks to a reminder of Ghost, who quickly mentions it in another thread.

I have to say that in the beginning, when I heard about the game, I was blown away and quite looking forward to it. But now, I have to say, after all the hype, I have my doubts.

The main question of course is, does it really keep you playing for many many hours, or does it get boring after 10 hours in? At the moment I tend more to the latter.

Do the planets differ so much from each other. Infrastructure, vegetation, resources, fauna...? Is there enough to do? Any interaction with other players, or are there even NPCs?

F.ex. how are the animals/creatures generated? Is it like in Spore, or do you encounter the same ones over and over again, just in another color? I mean I don't want to collect green frogs, than red ones and then the same in blue. Might even be boring from beginning on.

Is there really enough happening in that universe? I like the idea of endless space, but I still want to have a goal to reach, perhaps without investing hundreds of hours.

I will wait for the first reviews, but I'm quite sure they will be very mixed, if not tending to be more negative than positive. Will see.

What are your thoughts?