Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think he is yet, but once he finds this out I bet he will join, especially as his connection has just been upgraded!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, unfortunately I'm no member due to upload limitations here in Lux. But this will change in May

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've now been in contact with the uploader on Underground Gamer asking him for information on the source of the magazine archive. He said it came from www.zzap64.co.uk and on looking at the site it does seem to be the source.

That site actually sells DVD archives for many different Commodore magazines, and of interest especially to DC will be the fact that most of the collections are for complete scanned archives of mostly C64 magazines, with a couple of Amiga ones.

The site is selling each collection on DVD for £11.99 which isn't exactly cheap, but when you consider how long it would take to scan the lot in it's not actually all that much. Check out the site to see the other DVD collections on offer at http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzuperstore.html

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I've now been in contact with the uploader on Underground Gamer asking him for information on the source of the magazine archive. He said it came from www.zzap64.co.uk and on looking at the site it does seem to be the source.

That site actually sells DVD archives for many different Commodore magazines, and of interest especially to DC will be the fact that most of the collections are for complete scanned archives of mostly C64 magazines, with a couple of Amiga ones.

The site is selling each collection on DVD for £11.99 which isn't exactly cheap, but when you consider how long it would take to scan the lot in it's not actually all that much. Check out the site to see the other DVD collections on offer at http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzuperstore.html
    That's where my 'The One' magazine DVD comes from so I'd imagine the scanner would be cool with us uploading the Commodore User scans also. I've also ordered a DVD containing the Amiga Force (as well as Nintendo Force and Sega Force) issues. If anyone wants a copy of either DVD, I'm willing to do it for cost of the DVD + postage, that's about £4 for the 2 The One DVDs and either £2 or £4 for the Force DVD (depending on how many discs it is) for delivery in the UK or alternatively I'll send one of them for free in exchange for a DVD(s) of the CU Amiga set. PM me if interested.

One last point, the scans will need cleaning before putting them on the site - rotate, crop & auto levels which takes ~30 seconds per page in Photoshop. If anyone is willing to help, I'll upload an issue for them to clean. Another idea is to have a central repository of the full page game adverts, to save several people correcting the same advert.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a DVD covering all 107 Zzap64 issues.

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fellas.. I apologize for re-animating another dead thread.. but scans of all issues of Commodore User??? That used to be my favorite magazine back in the day!! SCORE!

This calls for a sweet celebration!

btw.. are those mags only available over torrent or are they available on this site as well?

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As I said on another page, check out this site

http://eager.back2roots.org/

For some amazing info on heaps of Amiga games.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, we know back2roots well. I already have the permission from one of the founding members of back2roots to use any of his own content that was imported into that site from the site he ran alone before that. Mostly box scans, but some other stuff too.

Sadly back2roots is quite an unstable site and can sometimes be down for weeks, even months.