Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

We need your help

Do you have any detailed game walkthroughs or guides? If so please post what you have here as we need all that we can find for the main site to make it the best collection of cheats and walkthroughs online.

We are looking for any type you may have. Plain text in a style similar to GameFAQs is fine, and scanned walkthroughs and guides from magazines and books even more so.

There were also a large collections of discs released into the Amiga public domain containing a lot of cheats and walkthroughs. If you have some of these and would like to help us out, we are looking for volunteers to convert all of the text files they contain into plain .txt files that we can then host on the site for everyone to use and enjoy.

Please get in touch if you can help.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can add a lot of cheats, but that takes a lot of time too, as I try already to do screenshots. I have the Amiga Cheats&Configs 0.72 (16.5.2003) file, don't know if you know what that is, but it contains hundreds of cheat, is all in german though, but the codes are the same english codes. I can save every cheat to a txt file, but that would take the same amount of time than adding it to the site immediately.

Amiga cheats: 1280
    CD32 cheats: 63

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have similar cheat text files in English and have already been adding a lot of cheats to the site, which I'm fine with doing myself. It is more guides and walkthroughs for games that we are in need of for the site and I need help collecting together as many as we can find for the site.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's quite a few guides etc. on the "The One" magazine DVD I've got. Tell me what format you want them in, and I'll start to clean a few of them up for the site.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If they are images then either png of jpg would be best to use.

Which of these depends on what happens when you try the two formats. If they is not much variation in the colours used in each scan then png will normally keep the image clean and quite small, but if there is a large variety of colour and information then jpg would be better.

Are these page scans directly from the magazine?

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    If they are images then either png of jpg would be best to use.

Which of these depends on what happens when you try the two formats. If they is not much variation in the colours used in each scan then png will normally keep the image clean and quite small, but if there is a large variety of colour and information then jpg would be better.

Are these page scans directly from the magazine?
    Yeah, they're the original page scans from the magazine. Probably be a good idea to get them how they'll be needed for the magazine archive as well to save having to crop & correct them all twice. 1000px wide in .jpg produces good quality images with the text easy to read, but the file size per page is 400-500kb (~50MB an issue). Is this too high?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    50MB per PDf issue sounds about right for a complete magazine. The complete Amiga magazine PDFs I have of Cu Amiga and Amiga Shopper from other sources are all around 50MB in size for roughly 100 pages and I think this is a good size guide when we create the PDFs.

But we may be able to get the size of each page smaller than 500KB, but we will need to experiment a bit to find a good balance between size and quality. I will do some testing tomorrow and work out a good balance and post some page size and compression information, but from what you have said it sounds pretty much ok how you already have them.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Scans of CU Amiga issues 0 - 78 was just uploaded on Underground Gamer. No idea of what quality they are in. Will you get them or shall I?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great news. Maybe we should both download them, then we can share the uploading of them to the site between us. I bet DC will download them as well once he finds out.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good idea. I've joined it then. I didn't know Demon was a member at UG too. But I suppose I should've guessed.