Hybrid View

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Favourite Amiga adventure?

If you had to select a single Adventure game out of all for the Amiga, which single title would you pick? and why?

For me it is Future Wars. Secret of Monkey Island may be a better title overall and MI2 even more so, but Future Wars was one of the first graphical adventures I really got into and couldn't put down until I completed it.

A close second for me was Lure of the Temptress. It may look a little bland graphically by today's standards, but it was a game I remember waiting for the release of and was not disappointed. It was the first to experiment with realtime events in game, where characters went about their daily lives and you had to time visits and events to specific times of the day in the game. The game also had a great story with many twists and a lot of puzzle solving.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a tough one. I also liked Future Wars, although I did never finish the game. To nominate a favorite one is quite impossible. I can only speak for those I've played, and have to say that probably my favorite one was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I also enjoyed the second instalment of Leisure Suit Larry, it was quite funny to play, unfortunately the game died when trying to read on the 3rd and last disk, pure amiga fun I never got a working copy (The amiga had no @torrent )

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was definitely one of the worst moments in the Amiga days, when you were playing a game, swapped disks and received a read error or the insert disk text would just remain on the screen forever I remember such occasions well. It was much worse when the games were originals, as you couldn't just get another copy from a friend.

Or when a friend copied a game for you, but one of the disks didn't work. Almost as annoying as getting the game to work but then never working out the controls!

Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to go with Monkey Island. That game was one of the first of that kind of game that I played and I absolutely loved it. Even to this day it's still entertaining and can present a decent challenge if you haven't played it for a while.
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LowercaseE View Post
    I have to go with Monkey Island. That game was one of the first of that kind of game that I played and I absolutely loved it. Even to this day it's still entertaining and can present a decent challenge if you haven't played it for a while.
    Bingo!

Monkey Island is a special game, funny, clever, a challenge, incredibly entertaining.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Secret of Monkey Island is a great game, no doubt about that. I spent countless hours trying to complete the game many years ago. Still, there are so many excellent adventure games for the Amiga. We have titles such as Zak McKracken, The Flight of the Amazon Queen, Maniac Mansion, and so on. It's therefore very hard to choose just one title. Still, good old Monkey Island is something special, so I guess I'll go for this one like several others of you.

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    A close second for me was Lure of the Temptress. It may look a little bland graphically by today's standards, but it was a game I remember waiting for the release of and was not disappointed. It was the first to experiment with realtime events in game, where characters went about their daily lives and you had to time visits and events to specific times of the day in the game. The game also had a great story with many twists and a lot of puzzle solving.
    For me Lure of the temptress WAS my favourite, mainly because it was the only adventure game I managed to play through without using a solution guide. As much as the monkey island games were great, I was left scratching my head without any walkthroughs, same with the excellent Legend Of Kyrandia and even Revolution Software's Beneath A Steel Sky I found to be harder than their Lure of the temptress debut.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EoB by far...that was the sh1t....I finished EoB I, but man did it take me ages...thank god I had it saved on the HD....
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EoB? As in Eye of the Beholder? If so, that's an RPG, not an adventure. Still a great game though.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea I guess so....lol
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/